I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Third Annual DAMN Birthday Camp & Ride: April 1-3

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Joker
DAMN Expert

Re: Third Annual DAMN Birthday Camp & Ride: April 1-3

Post by Joker »

Where are those videos people promisedd???
pschuler

Post by pschuler »

Big thanks to Chris for picking up my plate and tail light from the trail! I went back looking for it but couldn't find it. Also, big thanks to (didn't catch your name) for lending me your headlight fuse when the DRZ shorted as a result of the loose wires! DAMN good times!
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

pschuler wrote: Also, big thanks to (didn't catch your name) for lending me your headlight fuse when the DRZ shorted as a result of the loose wires! DAMN good times!
No sweat.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Joker wrote:Where are those videos people promisedd???
No lie, I was trying to make one last night but I'm still not feeling well after being sick all weekend and I actually got motion sickness watching my own video footage. Sad.

Not to mention Grady put the bar so high it's more than a little intimidating to post one of my gimpy clips. :-P

I'm working my way through it. On the plus side, I found another fall I did that I forgot about. And the video evidence of my breathing hard so early in the ride, not to mention the sighs of relief every time I stopped, is pretty telling. I did greatly enjoy the single track that I think was called "The Pines." I need to get out on that type of stuff a lot more -- single track that is not 21" wide like at Sandy Lane and not long mud hills like the stuff I was having so much trouble with at the Camp & Ride... All so I can practice so I can ride Sandy Lane and long mud hills like at the Camp & Ride! Is there anywhere in a reasonable distance (up to two hours, if the trails are long enough) from Sykesville with that type of riding?

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

I look forward to your vids. It's all good I'm sure. Md. has become an outlaw state to ride off-road. We need to put together another Camp & Ride with a little less slime on the hill climbs.
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

The hills were a blast, overall great riding with very few rocks. Unfortunately I seemed to find the one large rock with my stator cover on one of the hills that was kicking my ass. It was all mental intimidation after my first spill on my first attempt. Next time I plan on conquering that hill.
dak
DAMN Expert

Third Annual DAMN Birthday Camp & Ride: April 1-3

Post by dak »

Should someone have found my GPS at Jim's farm. Please let me know. It's a Garmin handheld Oregon.
Sincerely,
DAK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DAK BMW G450X RIDER
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

Grady wrote:The hills were a blast, overall great riding with very few rocks. Unfortunately I seemed to find the one large rock with my stator cover on one of the hills that was kicking my ass. It was all mental intimidation after my first spill on my first attempt. Next time I plan on conquering that hill.
Man! You should get a leap frog award for that one. :hi5:
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

dak wrote:Should someone have found my GPS at Jim's farm. Please let me know. It's a Garmin handheld Oregon.
Sincerely,
DAK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I already gave Joker the heads-up. He will be there with some of his college buds. They will look for it and we know it who it belongs to :thumbup: .
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Junior wrote:
Grady wrote:The hills were a blast, overall great riding with very few rocks. Unfortunately I seemed to find the one large rock with my stator cover on one of the hills that was kicking my ass. It was all mental intimidation after my first spill on my first attempt. Next time I plan on conquering that hill.
Man! You should get a leap frog award for that one. :hi5:
I second that nomination. For those that missed it, Tony launched his bike a good 10-15 feet as he fell off on a failed hill climb attempt. It was impressive.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200