I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Third Annual DAMN Birthday Camp & Ride: April 1-3

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
dak
DAMN Expert

Post by dak »

Granville wrote:
dak wrote:Should someone have found my GPS at Jim's farm. Please let me know. It's a Garmin handheld Oregon.
Sincerely,
DAK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I already gave Joker the heads-up. He will be there with some of his college buds. They will look for it and we know it who it belongs to :thumbup: .
Cool

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
DAK BMW G450X RIDER
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: Third Annual DAMN Birthday Camp & Ride: April 1-3

Post by Wingfixer »

Grady wrote:The hills were a blast, overall great riding with very few rocks. Unfortunately I seemed to find the one large rock with my stator cover on one of the hills that was kicking my ass. It was all mental intimidation after my first spill on my first attempt. Next time I plan on conquering that hill.
+1 dude! That DAMN hill got in my head, I must beat it!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Loosescrew
DAMN Expert

Post by Loosescrew »

Wingfixer wrote:
Grady wrote:The hills were a blast, overall great riding with very few rocks. Unfortunately I seemed to find the one large rock with my stator cover on one of the hills that was kicking my ass. It was all mental intimidation after my first spill on my first attempt. Next time I plan on conquering that hill.
+1 dude! That DAMN hill got in my head, I must beat it!
If you guys make it to the reunion we can get lots of hill climb practice ! :gdog: :knary:
CBR 1000RR
YZ450F supermoto
13 yz 250
21 yzx 250
98 CR 500
Piranha 190 pit bike
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

I'll be there
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

I will not be. :wallbash: Workin' for a living sucks.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
davej
DAMN Expert

Post by davej »

phoo wrote:
Joker wrote:Where are those videos people promisedd???
No lie, I was trying to make one last night but I'm still not feeling well after being sick all weekend and I actually got motion sickness watching my own video footage. Sad.

Not to mention Grady put the bar so high it's more than a little intimidating to post one of my gimpy clips. :-P

I'm working my way through it. On the plus side, I found another fall I did that I forgot about. And the video evidence of my breathing hard so early in the ride, not to mention the sighs of relief every time I stopped, is pretty telling. I did greatly enjoy the single track that I think was called "The Pines." I need to get out on that type of stuff a lot more -- single track that is not 21" wide like at Sandy Lane and not long mud hills like the stuff I was having so much trouble with at the Camp & Ride... All so I can practice so I can ride Sandy Lane and long mud hills like at the Camp & Ride! Is there anywhere in a reasonable distance (up to two hours, if the trails are long enough) from Sykesville with that type of riding?

Thanks,

~Patrick
Dude, ya did great. everybody was sucking wind in the mud. you humped your bike up the hill pretty well up the first part of the Black Bear trail. The holes in the fire road on the bottom where you had your getoff got treacherous and I should have warned you. (sorry grandville, my bad)

Its normal protocol for the first guys up to wait and help the others scale the hills if need be. its part of the fun. Laughing man trail is at the end and is a long pull for a winded rider in the mud. i think i yell every time i make it to the top cleanly because i know what its like to lose momentum and have to wrestle up the hill.

besides, you were the only guy that wanted to ride with me and loosescrew :whoop:
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

phoo wrote:
Joker wrote:Where are those videos people promisedd???
I'm working my way through it. On the plus side, I found another fall I did that I forgot about. And the video evidence of my breathing hard so early in the ride, not to mention the sighs of relief every time I stopped, is pretty telling. I did greatly enjoy the single track that I think was called "The Pines." I need to get out on that type of stuff a lot more -- single track that is not 21" wide like at Sandy Lane and not long mud hills like the stuff I was having so much trouble with at the Camp & Ride... All so I can practice so I can ride Sandy Lane and long mud hills like at the Camp & Ride! Is there anywhere in a reasonable distance (up to two hours, if the trails are long enough) from Sykesville with that type of riding?

Thanks,

~Patrick
Hey, phoo I saw you tearing it up out there with the best of them :whoop: . Just be thankful you didn't ride on Joker's train. Most of Joker's first time riding partners seem to have bonfire stories that begin with I was following this guy Joker and then they insert off camber calamity and finish story by stating they are lucky to have either their bike or body still in one piece. All vids are good :lurker: and thanks for helping Jack get straight up that last hill :thumbup: Btw, Barton is only 2Hrs. if you drive like 90MPH :poser:
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.
Joker
DAMN Expert

Post by Joker »

DAK I went out today riding and did not find your gps. Next time I go out I will preform a more extensive search, but I did not see it laying on or right next to the trail.

On a side note is anyone missing a 180 air box cover/fender? I beleive it was a "180," most likely a euro bike.
dak
DAMN Expert

Post by dak »

Joker wrote:DAK I went out today riding and did not find your gps. Next time I go out I will preform a more extensive search, but I did not see it laying on or right next to the trail.

On a side note is anyone missing a 180 air box cover/fender? I beleive it was a "180," most likely a euro bike.
Joker thanks for looking, I understand it's a shot in the dark. The effort is greatly appreciated !!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
DAK BMW G450X RIDER
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

We're going to have to start calling that place Granville's Super Secret Riding Emporium and House of Spare Parts!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris