I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Another mdubya dual sport ride Saturday July 2

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Another mdubya dual sport ride Saturday July 2

Post by mdubya »

This ride will be much the same as the last ride unless I have requests for something different.

The ride will originate from my casa in Oakland, MD and we will run as many dirt and gravel roads as we can, most in nearby WV. We will hit a few world class twisty sections that might leave you dizzy. We will stop fairly frequently to water the scenery, fill our tanks, hydrate, and there will definitely be a lunch stop.

Last ride was just about 200 miles on the button. I am pretty sure everyone was fairly worn out at the end. :deal: Be prepared!

Doors open at Casa mdubya at 9:00 AM. We ride at 10:00 AM. Last ride finished back at my place at 6:30 PM. I suggest trucking or trailering in. You will be tired at the end of this ride!

Please post here if you intend to attend. :thumbup:

:roost: :whoop: :roost: :whoop: :roost: :whoop:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Re: Another mdubya dual sport ride Saturday July 2

Post by bonehead »

In :roost:
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
TyMarp
DAMN Expert

Post by TyMarp »

I'm bummed. That starts the family vacation. I'd rather be playing in the mud and gravel instead of laying on the sand and burning. Have fun and make sure to document all the shenanigans. :lurker:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

TyMarp wrote:I'm bummed. That starts the family vacation. I'd rather be playing in the mud and gravel instead of laying on the sand and burning. Have fun and make sure to document all the shenanigans. :lurker:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2060 :deal:

:rickey:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
dom08
DAMN n00b

Post by dom08 »

In, unless I get company that weekend. :frustrated: Big bike ok or bring something smaller?
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

dom08 wrote:In, unless I get company that weekend. :frustrated: Big bike ok or bring something smaller?
Big bike is OK, but there will be a few challenging sections on it, none of them long.

You have probably seen most of the route in one way or another.

It will be great to have you along, Dom. :thumbup:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

IN! If I can get all the moving done before the weekend. If anybody is off the 29th, 30th or the 1st and needs a good workout (of the furniture moving variety) shoot me a PM.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

That is great news!
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Post by Bork »

Whats considered a big bike? I'm hoping to make it if I get bike thru inspection & passed & with new tire.
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Bork wrote:Whats considered a big bike? I'm hoping to make it if I get bike thru inspection & passed & with new tire.
Big bike would be an 800, 950, 1200 cc twin. A big bike can definitely do this. It will be mostly dirt and gravel roads with a few twisties mixed in to link the dirt roads. Most of the dirt roads are easy peasy! There will be short sections that will be a bit more challenging, i.e. rocky (not big rocks), wet and rutted, or pot holed and wet. Last ride we had 3 guys on street tires (DR 650, DRZ 400, Aprilia SXV 550). They all made it through fine. only tip over all day was in a paved parking lot. We stopped before the most challenging section so I could warn and describe what to expect. That section was 200, maybe 300 yards long.

What are you planning to bring? Come on out. This will be great fun. :thumbup:

More updates over the next few days. :deal:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC