I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

5 th Semi-Annual Black Friday Ride - Friday 11/28

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

5 th Semi-Annual Black Friday Ride - Friday 11/28

Post by Skinny-J »

Alright, if there is enough interest for a 5th I am up for keeping the tradition alive!

I have two possibilities in mind-
1. Head north towards Gettysburg to grab the DAMN tag. This would allow for a loop through Michaux as well as possibly hitting the Cotactins at some point. or;
2. Head east towards some old favorites around the Susquehanna. Its been too long since I was last in this area; here is a link to what you can expect: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=881&start=20

I plan to be on the Honda 650 unless it is really cold then I will dig out the Tiger so I can run electrics. Regardless, either of these routes will be pretty mild so don't be shy about coming out and dual-sporting what ever land yacht you may have.

Let's shoot to roll wheels at 9:00 am from the Shell station at the corner of Rt 30 (Hanover Pike) and Gill Ave in Hampstead MD (address is 1155 S. Main Street). There is a subway in the Shell if you want breakfast.

Post up if you are in and which route you prefer-

Happy Black Friday to all, and to all a good night!

SJ
Last edited by Skinny-J on Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: 5 th Annual Black Friday Ride - Friday 11/28

Post by Skinny-J »

Last year I didn't get any takers. Hopefully it was just a fluke as the year before we had a great time: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2769&hilit=black

So I will try one more time as I love Dual-sporting and its sad to watch it die around here. I guess I could go over to ADV and find some new friends but that is a lot of work. I have a 650XRL and a 955 Tiger and both of them need to see some love. I have routes in the GPS to go anyway/anywhere you want including the above options. I also have a tagged dirt bike but I will be riding that on Sunday in the Blind Enduro; that's NOT dual-sporting....

Sorry for the bad attitude, I hope we can still be friends. :dhorse:

Anyone interested?
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: 5 th Semi-Annual Black Friday Ride - Friday 11/28

Post by Boom Boom »

Is this ride spike tire friendly? :killingme:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I'd love to go, but I'll be in Connecticut. :(

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I'm not afraid to admit it. I'm a wimp. I don't ride when the thermometer is below 50. :sobstory: :nono:

:doh:

I am putting TKC80s on my FZ next spring and plan on doing some milder DS riding. Don't give up yet. :pray:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Working :shrug:
Bruce
Stinson
DAMN Expert

Post by Stinson »

Im planning on riding some dirt this day. Prolly up in the RAC area somewhere.
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

Skinny-J wrote:I have routes in the GPS to go anyway/anywhere you want including the above options. I also have a tagged dirt bike but I will be riding that on Sunday in the Blind Enduro; that's NOT dual-sporting....
So I couldn't bring my treefiddy? Friday is a no go for me, but Saturday, I could be talked into something, weather cooperating, of course. Either on the DR-Tard or the 350.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Skinny-J wrote:Last year I didn't get any takers. Hopefully it was just a fluke as the year before we had a great time: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2769&hilit=black

So I will try one more time as I love Dual-sporting and its sad to watch it die around here. I guess I could go over to ADV and find some new friends but that is a lot of work. I have a 650XRL and a 955 Tiger and both of them need to see some love. I have routes in the GPS to go anyway/anywhere you want including the above options. I also have a tagged dirt bike but I will be riding that on Sunday in the Blind Enduro; that's NOT dual-sporting....

Sorry for the bad attitude, I hope we can still be friends. :dhorse:

Anyone interested?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3528
Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Sorry, Ill be in New England visiting family. (Maybe Phoo and I can hook up for a ride in Mass)
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200