I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

RAC Permits

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: RAC Permits

Post by Boom Boom »

Marylander wrote:So, where do I get a RAC permit and what all would one give me access to? I haven't ridden in PA for a long time...
For the $$$ you will spend for the RAC permit you can visit places like The Cove, Rock Run and Mountain Ridge and spread your $$$ support around. Shade is free riding (open after June) and if you have a plate you can also enjoy 7-Mountains (after June).
Not knocking RAC, just throwing out other ride location options.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Boom Boom wrote:
Marylander wrote:So, where do I get a RAC permit and what all would one give me access to? I haven't ridden in PA for a long time...
http://readinganthracite.com/access-permits/

You get access to more riding area than you will ever cover this summer.
Ok, cool, I have had that place bookmarked for awhile. BigBird's description sounds good (gnarly single track). Anyone planning to head out there any time soon? I'll be ready to get the riding season underway in the not too distant future...
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Marylander wrote: Ok, cool, I have had that place bookmarked for awhile. BigBird's description sounds good (gnarly single track). Anyone planning to head out there any time soon? I'll be ready to get the riding season underway in the not too distant future...

Sam and I are gearing up for some RAC rides.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

windyhill wrote:I'm out. Several projects will be taking all my time & money. The bikes are going in the Flea market soon....
John,

That sucks. Can't you just sell a kidney or something? :dirtdog: Seriously though, I hope things work out where the project gets done and you can hold on to the KTM, I know you are pretty happy with it.

Jay
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Bucho wrote:Sam and I are gearing up for some RAC rides.
Sounds good. I was out with Sam at The Cove once last year (Kirk, with a black '00 kx250).

How about the Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area or the Anthracite Trail Riders (https://www.facebook.com/AnthraciteTrailRiders)?
chriskoz
DAMN Expert

Post by chriskoz »

I posted a while ago about AOAA, no one chimed in. Still not sure what to make of the place. Curious to visit once they open.
2006 VTX 1300
2006 YZ250F
nj325e
DAMN n00b

Post by nj325e »

I used to ride the AOAA before it was the AOAA. It was nice then you could camp and ride and no one bothered you. The terrain are similar to RAC but there is no real dirtbike single track. Mostly ATV trails and haul roads. There are some neat things to see but I am not sure if the marked trails will take you to all of them. I may take a day and go there but will be spending most of my time at RAC near Minersville. I am going to RAC March 29th with a group of ATVs, UTVs, and dirtbikes from another site. If anyone is interested in going send me a PM and I'll get you the details.
1999 GasGas EC250
1997 Polaris Scrambler 500 4x4
1995 Honda CR125R
2010 Yamaha TTR110
2011 Yamaha TTR110
1986 Yamaha YFM80
1985 Yamaha YFM80
1984 Suzuki JR50