I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

RAC Permits

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

RAC Permits

Post by Bucho »

I was thinking about getting a RAC permit for 2014. I couldnt find this answer on the website.

Can you ride on RAC land during the middle of the week?

Half of the year I have off during the middle of the week and I need to take advantage of this. Since the wife is working and the kid is now in school its like free days.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Re: RAC Permits

Post by Hare »

yes you can ride every day, althought i would stay away during gun deer season, especially opening day or saturdays. Really you can ride and even camp on and around there but officially its against the rule.

Its a great place to ride and explore, a dual sport is very cool but in no way needed.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Thanks for the quick response.

Okay great. Ill get one then.
After hearing Sam (bigbird) tell me about all the great riding he has done this past year, he finally convinced me.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
windyhill
DAMN Expert

Post by windyhill »

I plan to pick one up this year. Is St. Clair the main area for going in? The hill behind the Walmart looks to be fun!
Jar944
DAMN n00b

Post by Jar944 »

windyhill wrote:I plan to pick one up this year. Is St. Clair the main area for going in? The hill behind the Walmart looks to be fun!
St. Clair, Minersville or Trevorton.

If you like hillclimbs Trevorton is the better spot

Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

windyhill wrote:I plan to pick one up this year. Is St. Clair the main area for going in? The hill behind the Walmart looks to be fun!
John,

Are you going to be riding during the week with Bucho or are you primarily a weekend rider? I can only do weekends unless I use vacation time so I would consider re-joining if I knew some guys would be riding on weekends.

I had a permit 2 years ago and only manged to make it up twice. I did have the privilege of a guided tour from Hare both times and I have those track logs but if you don't go with somebody who knows the place, you will never find the really good stuff.

Jay
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

The main area I've been riding in is off of Valley Rd. west of I-81 Just north of 109 (which crosses I-81 at about mile 115 or 116).

This area has LOTS of tight gnarly single and double track (2nd/3rd gear stuff) much of it from prior RORR Enduros. :loveit:

The OFG moving average is often in the single digit range :shrug:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

I may be interested in picking one of these up myself. Seems this area is a only a few hours from home.
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
windyhill
DAMN Expert

Post by windyhill »

John,

Are you going to be riding during the week with Bucho or are you primarily a weekend rider? I can only do weekends unless I use vacation time so I would consider re-joining if I knew some guys would be riding on weekends.

I had a permit 2 years ago and only manged to make it up twice. I did have the privilege of a guided tour from Hare both times and I have those track logs but if you don't go with somebody who knows the place, you will never find the really good stuff.

Jay
The weekends work best for me, however I'm game for weekday trips as well. Gotta' use up the vacation time somehow. :ride:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Skinny-J wrote: John,

Jay
Im not saying I wouldnt go on a weekend, but most of the time ...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200