I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

First MAVT Trials event of the year is soon! - March 23rd

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: First MAVT Trials event of the year is soon!

Post by Rut Row »

Firebolter wrote:Hope you can make it. I am bringing the BSA, you need to try a old school thumper!
I thought I was an old school thumper! :poser:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: First MAVT Trials event of the year is soon!

Post by Firebolter »

Kyler wrote:
Firebolter wrote:Hope you can make it. I am bringing the BSA, you need to try a old school thumper!
I thought I was an old school thumper! :poser:
You're an old school HUMPER! :poser:

Hope wife is In good stead.
Lots of cool bikes---
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: First MAVT Trials event of the year is soon! - March 23r

Post by Rut Row »

The event has been turned into a practice day and I'll be there!!!! I'll either be riding or will spend the day wrenching - the Montessa hasn't been started since last fall :lol2:

I sure hope he as a 5 Line! :pyndn:
MAVT Website wrote:ATTN, ATTN: Our practice event at Taylorsville, MD (3652 Roop Road, New Windsor, MD 21776) on March 23rd (10AM 'til dusk) is a go at this time. The snow is finally just about gone and the sections are "doable" even in slippery conditions, which we expect. There will be over a dozen sections for you to "play" on. They will be ribboned, but we will only "suggest" splits with white ribbon and not split cards. Come and ride as little or as much as you want. There will be no checkers, but we will provide you with a score card if you want to keep track of how you do on each section. This will be a good opportunity for you to practice what you are weak at, or whatever you want. You can choose to ride any line in any section and also ride which ever sections you like, passing up those you don't like. We will have riders available to help new riders and riders who would just like help with technique or how to choose a good line. We ask that everyone ride with a buddy, since we will not have checkers at the sections. Everyone will need to sign the waiver, and we are asking for a $5 donation to help MAT defray costs of set-up. Membership with MAT is not needed for this practice. Just come, stay as long as you want, and have fun riding!
Roger Annable's Email wrote:Yes, the practice at my house (3652 Roop Rd., New Windsor, MD 21776) on the 23rd is on. The snow is now gone, and even though many of the sections will be wet, all of the sections should be ridable. We will have 18 sections for you to practice on. They are ribboned, but are very open, so you can decide how much to challenge yourself. We will be including suggested splits, especially for four line riders. This is not an event, but a practice day, so no checkers. Ride as much or as little as you like. We'll have a couple of better riders to help those in need. This will be a good opportunity to work on studying sections and picking a line. I hope to see may riders here. There will be a donation "jar" and we are asking that you sign the waiver. Also, we ask that you ride with a buddy, since we have no checkers at the sections. Come when you want and stay til dusk if you like.
Roger
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Well if your Tesa runs like crap, you will be at the perfect location to find guys that know how to make it run.
Have fun.
We have a ride going on up north at our Marysville location the same day.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

no pics so I guess it didn't happen ... :lol2:

BUT! the Montessa did much better than the rider. I'm still trying to figure out why, when I never got out of first or fell over, do I hurt so much! :cry:

My knees and wrist ache, and my back just screams :cry2:
Ken
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Kyler wrote:no pics so I guess it didn't happen ... :lol2:

BUT! the Montessa did much better than the rider. I'm still trying to figure out why, when I never got out of first or fell over, do I hurt so much! :cry:

My knees and wrist ache, and my back just screams :cry2:
What does not kill you will only make you stronger. :amazon:

Willing to bet your bars are too far back.
More forward will also give you more peg to bar spacing.
Glad you got to spend some time on Tessy.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Boom Boom wrote:Willing to bet your bars are too far back.
the DAMN things are too low! The vast majority of people were nearly standing while on the pegs ... me, I'm hunched over. Dan thinks I need to get 6" rise bars.
Ken
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Jeebus Ken you're like seven feet tall. :lol2:

I put risers on the Beater Beta and it makes a huge difference. :thumbup:
Bruce
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

Ken - I put 2 inch risers on my sherco and by the end of yesterday - my back and neck felt so much better. before I was hunched over and had to strain my neck to see in front of me. With just the 2 inch risers, my back did not feel strained and I could actually see where I wanted to go. I wouldn't mind another inch either on my risers, so I would say at least go 3
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

You tall guys might want to try some ape hangers if looking for standing comfort. :lol2:
Do what you need to do to be more comfortable and want to ride. As you develop proper riding position you will find your elevated bars will cause you issue with turning. But till then just do what feels best for you to keep wanting to spend time on the bikes.
Glad to see you noobs out getting peg time in :thumbup:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr