I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

rather cool ralley

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

rather cool ralley

Post by bonehead »

It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: rather cool ralley

Post by Rut Row »

it would be fun
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Does sound pretty cool.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Having watched the vids from last year I was starting to bounce ideals around in my head...

However, I just read this on ADV:
"Roaming Rally route is a tamed down version of previous years. gravel roads and easy two track...but way out in the middle of nowhere

Fuel distances will be far and few between

In a few spots...300 km from the nearest paved road.

Two up? I wouldn't want my wife on the back but for someone who doesn't mind bumping down 600 km of gravel roads in a day, day after day...doable.

A few cool things along the way like a hand drawn ferry over a river, big wide open sandy roads for hundreds of kilometers at a time...different than years past. Easy but longer, much more remote (aka bailing out isnt really an option in certain places). Still 3 good days of riding and camping. A chunk of the route utilizes the TCAT...

The route is perfect, I think, for what adv bikes need to be. Nimble enough for a splash or two of excitement, fuel capacity, reliable for remote areas (towing your buddy for 300 km of gravel roads is gonna suck....and ya know someone is gonna end up doing it ), able to carry tools, gear, etc...challenging in length each day, day after day....should be fun Its not a dual sport route , rather an adv style of route if that makes sense? I'd say last years route was a dual sport route."

I think we should go ride LAST YEAR'S ROUTE. :thumbup:
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

They actually have three different level rides Tame to tough. I think it would be awesome to do and ssee some of Canada.
Maty
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Lots of cool bikes---
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

"We do not distribute routes, we distribute track files. Not all gps units can use these files correctly, this is very important to understand. Current models that will work are the Garmin 6X series, the Montana, the 7X series, the Rhino, etc. GPS units that do NOT work properly are the zumo and nuvi series along with other car gps units designed for automobiles."

Eh? What's special about their track files that the Nuvi and Zumo can't handle them?

Weird that ADV says the ride is watered down this year. The linked page actually says the oppposite -- "In years past the suggested route has been tame with optional technical sections. For 2014 the route does not have these optional tech sections, they are now part of the main route. This makes the route much more difficult."

Looks like a good time, though a bit too soon to even dream of participating this year.

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200