I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Wolf Den Hunting/Riding Club

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

SPREAD THE NEWS!

Kitzmiller / Shallmar, Maryland

We will be reopening the riding/hunting club on Friday, March 14th! Please be sure to contact Sherry Brady at (301)453-3369 for all details!!!
Please NO PHONE CALLS AFTER 8pm!
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: Wolf Den Hunting/Riding Club

Post by Skinny-J »

Joe,

Do you have any more details? I have only heard mystic tales about riding at Kitzmiller. Some of the last reports I heard was the place was badly over grown and washed out. Are the new owners doing any type of trail maintenance? Are they going to mark the trails or provide trail maps? Cost to ride?

Its over 200 miles for me to get out there but I am desperate enough to make that drive; if I knew the place was being brought back to its former glory....

Thanks,
Jay
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

Skinny-J wrote:Joe,

Do you have any more details? I have only heard mystic tales about riding at Kitzmiller. Some of the last reports I heard was the place was badly over grown and washed out. Are the new owners doing any type of trail maintenance? Are they going to mark the trails or provide trail maps? Cost to ride?

Its over 200 miles for me to get out there but I am desperate enough to make that drive; if I knew the place was being brought back to its former glory....

Thanks,
Jay

I have no hard opinion either way, it is beaten by quads and side by sides for years now.

Still it is a killer piece of land, in a killer area with killer views at spots, I will always think of that land fondly. We have had one heck of a lot of great times there. Above I just copy and pasted their FB post, doubt i will make up there much this year but a DAMN riders weekend would be fun, and funner if a few would go and cut some single track in before
you pretty much heard correct and do not look forward to any trails being made that are dike bike friendly unless one of US goes up there and cuts them in.

No clue on how anything is being handle with the new agreement, find out and let us know.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I've been talking with the new owners. I'm surprised he never mentioned a reopening date. I'll call him tonight.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
husky4
DAMN Wanabe

Post by husky4 »

Sherry signed a new lease on the property this week. rates are going to $20 a day. open FRI, SAT, and SUN. Monday thru Thursday by appointment. There are going to be some rule changes from what I hear.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

husky4 wrote:Sherry signed a new lease on the property this week. rates are going to $20 a day. open FRI, SAT, and SUN. Monday thru Thursday by appointment. There are going to be some rule changes from what I hear.
I have a call into Todd (one of the new owners). Can't wait to hear what he has to say. Tell Sherry to keep us posted so we can spread the word!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I got this from one of the new owners. As stated above ... this is great news!
Hey Ken, Sherry Brady is going to lease the property again this year for riding. People can reach her on facebook under Wolf Den Hunting/Riding Club. Sherry Brady # 301-453-3369 for passes.
Ken