I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Granville's Western Md Camp & Ride 4/25-4/27

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
drtjumper
DAMN Expert

Re: Granville's Western Md Camp & Ride 4/25-4/27

Post by drtjumper »

Firebolter wrote:Cool video Adam! That was fun and you were doing quite well for a single track newbie. I was on the "Blue KTM" and you were always right there! Good riding with you and your buds.
Thanks, it was a great time. Need to find some singletrack down here to ride. Somebody mentioned something about "eagle bay" or something but can't find much info, I know it is member only but dont know much else like how much, when can you ride, work days, etc. Hopefully I can find some stuff down here to ride.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Sorry for the Hi-Jack!

There are 2 properties down that way, Eagle Bay is members only, about 15 miles or so of single track. No rocks at all. Pretty decent. I rode there for a few years. It is ~225 a year and you can ride on weekdays and weekends except during Hunting season certain days are off limits. You can ride from 10 am to sunset on riding days. Don Kirkpatrick (dirtdonk@verizon.net) can get you the info and form necessary to join. Normally the "season" for dues runs from Sep to Sep, but they do pro rate it if you join mid year or so. Don is a good guy. If he asks you who gave you the info, tell him Bill Hughes (thats me)

The other property is called "301" and it is south of eagle bay about 15 minutes or so off of 301 closer to AP Hill. It is newer and has been there for about 4-5 years now and is also member only. Can get you info on that as well.

Eagle bay is off 218 just past Caledon State Park. Make a right on 642 which is Eagle Nest Ln then turn left onto Fitzhugh Lane and park by the big water tower on the left.
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Some Hill Climb action-First Todd went up

Todd

http://s1112.photobucket.com/user/missi ... 6.mp4.html

Then I went after. Traction was perfect. There is another hill about 20 feet past this one I climbed later in the day after Max cut a vine out of the way. It is steeper and more challenging. Good fun.

Me

http://s1112.photobucket.com/user/missi ... 4.mp4.html
Lots of cool bikes---
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

good to see DAMN Jerseys in those pics and clips! sorry I couldn't make it
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Kyler wrote:good to see DAMN Jerseys in those pics and clips! sorry I couldn't make it

Probably the best weather Ive seen at Barton Ken. Next time you are there it will broiling hot or slightly above freezing and rainy...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
davej
DAMN Expert

Post by davej »

still my favorite place to ride. Great terrain and better people. Getting up the double was a tasty bonus.

Thanks to Granville, Pappy granville and Joker for letting us roost up the place.

I was happy to see myself for a second in adam's video on the trials bike. I'll work on posting a vid myself.

until then, a little ambiance

phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Thanks again for making the place available, Jim! The kids had a great time and even the dog loves being there for an entire weekend of running around. I never made it off of the dirt road loop, but every lap was spent following my son around on his quad and that was just fine with me. :rayof:

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
KDXKID
DAMN n00b

Post by KDXKID »

Firebolter wrote:Sorry for the Hi-Jack!

There are 2 properties down that way, Eagle Bay is members only, about 15 miles or so of single track. No rocks at all. Pretty decent. I rode there for a few years. It is ~225 a year and you can ride on weekdays and weekends except during Hunting season certain days are off limits. You can ride from 10 am to sunset on riding days. Don Kirkpatrick (dirtdonk@verizon.net) can get you the info and form necessary to join. Normally the "season" for dues runs from Sep to Sep, but they do pro rate it if you join mid year or so. Don is a good guy. If he asks you who gave you the info, tell him Bill Hughes (thats me)

The other property is called "301" and it is south of eagle bay about 15 minutes or so off of 301 closer to AP Hill. It is newer and has been there for about 4-5 years now and is also member only. Can get you info on that as well.

Eagle bay is off 218 just past Caledon State Park. Make a right on 642 which is Eagle Nest Ln then turn left onto Fitzhugh Lane and park by the big water tower on the left.
I think I saw that washington trail riders or southern maryland dirt riders are doing a ride this sunday (5/4) at "301". Is anyone a member of these groups or does anyone have additional info? I am really looking for a place to meet up and ride this weekend.
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

KDXKID wrote: I think I saw that washington trail riders or southern maryland dirt riders are doing a ride this sunday (5/4) at "301". Is anyone a member of these groups or does anyone have additional info? I am really looking for a place to meet up and ride this weekend.
Not a WATR ride that I know of. The next weekend WATR and R&T are riding Eagle Bay, but gotta be a member of one of the associated clubs for it as far as I know.
stretchride
DAMN Expert

Post by stretchride »

KDXKID wrote:I think I saw that washington trail riders or southern maryland dirt riders are doing a ride this sunday (5/4) at "301". Is anyone a member of these groups or does anyone have additional info? I am really looking for a place to meet up and ride this weekend.
I saw some references to a "301" property as well as contact info etc here:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Southern ... 5013372316
Also smdr.org. Looks like 301 is in Dahlgren, VA.
Which of course reminds me of Ms. Supercross Diana Dahlgren mmmmmm