I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Dirt Wise School

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Re: Dirt Wise School

Post by phoo »

Which date?
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

phoo wrote:Which date?
May 23 &24
asr
DAMN Wanabe

Post by asr »

Hey I got Shane to open up a couple more spots

this pretty much sold out quick
so if your on the fence and want to improve your skills as well as have a great time

now is the time
https://www.formstack.com/forms/dirt...inchesterva-v3
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I'm still recovering from this. I think I'm in pretty good shape but 2 days of exercises on the bike (and taking the exercises seriously) left me pretty beat. My hands, which are a weak point for me (e.g., I've got an auto-clutch because of nerve issues), were completely done by the end of the 2nd day.

I thought the course was worth doing and worth the cost. For an experienced rider there's really nothing new, in a sense, but you've got an expert watching your riding and pointing out what you're doing wrong/right and making you think about what you're doing. It's taking you back to the basics and banging those basics into you again and again. Unlike the mimicking of faster riders that I've done before, with no understanding of what I'm doing, Shane gives you the why as well and explains everything clearly. He's clear enough that I can understand it even at the end of the day when my brain is fried. I've heard good things about the other instructors as well...

You go through a progression of exercises that build on each other. If you just do the course and then go back to just trail riding I think you'll have wasted your money. I'm planning on doing more practice this year and less "just riding" to try and build the exercises (I made a list of all the exercises we did) into good habits. My brother has some property where I can do this and I'm pretty excited about the prospect of getting better. I also intend to apply some of the little things (e.g., cover the clutch and brake levers with 2 fingers at all times) when I'm riding my street bike (year round commuter).

Kirk
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

:thumbup:
I was beat at the end of this also... the more tired I got, the worse I did on the drills. These drills are meant to be done over and over for practice & will help even the best riders get better.

I have a little room to set up some of the turn drills which I need the most work on & will help me the most on the trail.

I would recommend this to anyone & might consider doing again.