I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

RORR/Broad Mtn Enduro (May 25th)

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

RORR/Broad Mtn Enduro (May 25th)

Post by Bucho »

Just wondering if anyone is interested in doing the upcoming RORR enduro on Sunday, May 25th.

I"m not able to make the Reunion ride so the following weekend I have a pass to go to the enduro.
For the past couple of years I've gone to a couple of endures. I'm not very fast and not terribly competitive, but I enjoy them. I personally treat it more like a trail ride than I do a race. I generally don't keep time. Since I'm slow anyway, I just ride as fast I as I feel comfortable and that usually works out to just about on time (or too slow). I've never got ahead of time.
This one is also a "closed course" enduro, meaning that you don't need a street legal bike.
It looks like its over two hours from Frederick. So I'm looking at a 0530 start, unless I leave the night before.

If nobody wants to come, that's cool. I know I'll have a good time either way.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Re: RORR/Broad Mtn Enduro (May 25th)

Post by Marylander »

I'm doing dirtwise in winchester that weekend but I will try to get out to some closed course enduros this year (michaux for sure).
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Marylander wrote:I'm doing dirtwise in winchester that weekend but I will try to get out to some closed course enduros this year (michaux for sure).
same here :thumbup:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

I'm in. :thumbup:

Are you planning on just signing up Sunday morning or should we coordinate a pre-register? Either way I prefer to be on a late row....
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Wife has something going on that weekend, but if you guys are going I'll beg her to skip Sunday so I can go play. :)

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

J&J wrote:
Marylander wrote:I'm doing dirtwise in winchester that weekend but I will try to get out to some closed course enduros this year (michaux for sure).
same here :thumbup:
Cool, whatcha riding? I'll have a black 00 kx250 and a kdx220 (backup bike, just in case ;) ).
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

I'll be on a red 250r... white truck with a camper on it. Haha I've got spare tubes but no spare bike.
Would love to do the enduro with Phillip, Jay, & Patrick.. what a great DAMN line.. but I'm pretty sure I'll be wooped... :boohoo:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Skinny-J wrote:I'm in. :thumbup:

Are you planning on just signing up Sunday morning or should we coordinate a pre-register? Either way I prefer to be on a late row....
I was planning on signing up Sunday morning. Glad to have you along J.

Patrick if you can make it that would be great.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

I wish, I wish but no go for me. soon come. Reading Off Road Riders (RORR) Broad Mt is my all time favorite ride

This is THE BEST ride for learning killer trail up at the RAC area (aka Pottsville, Reading Anthracite, 901 Pub, Burma Rd) these are the guys that make and have made ALL the good chit up there, flowing trails for miles and mile on end 65 at least almost every year for twenty years plus.

sign up late as possible, this is personal opinion but is based on many Broad Mt Enduros, they cut lots of new trail every year, the best ways through and around stuff will be best seen in the very rear, the trail doesn't fall apart like in enduros with swampy, soft or loamy dirt. You will see where the line is much easier on the latest lines and the groove or rail will be easier to ride. Key to RORR is to force yourself to ride a little faster, always be at least in second and shift up, try to pour it on every chance you get, sounds weird but everything works better, you get on top of the rocks, make mini jumps where you can, keeping the front wheel light don't worry about the rear, the faster you ride the rail, the closer to the speed and angle that it was made allows you to stop fighting the turns.

this really a great run
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Post by Bork »

Hare wrote:I wish, I wish but no go for me. soon come. Reading Off Road Riders (RORR) Broad Mt is my all time favorite ride

This is THE BEST ride for learning killer trail up at the RAC area (aka Pottsville, Reading Anthracite, 901 Pub, Burma Rd) these are the guys that make and have made ALL the good chit up there, flowing trails for miles and mile on end 65 at least almost every year for twenty years plus.

sign up late as possible, this is personal opinion but is based on many Broad Mt Enduros, they cut lots of new trail every year, the best ways through and around stuff will be best seen in the very rear, the trail doesn't fall apart like in enduros with swampy, soft or loamy dirt. You will see where the line is much easier on the latest lines and the groove or rail will be easier to ride. Key to RORR is to force yourself to ride a little faster, always be at least in second and shift up, try to pour it on every chance you get, sounds weird but everything works better, you get on top of the rocks, make mini jumps where you can, keeping the front wheel light don't worry about the rear, the faster you ride the rail, the closer to the speed and angle that it was made allows you to stop fighting the turns.

this really a great run
You ride the xr600 in this?
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r