I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

RORR/Broad Mtn Enduro (May 25th)

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: RORR/Broad Mtn Enduro (May 25th)

Post by Bucho »

Thanks for the endorsement and the advice Hare!

Ive never done this particular enduro before but Im looking forward to it. BoomBoom gave his endorsement to me earlier for this event so its been on my calender for a while. Glad everything is aligning so I can make it.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

Bork wrote:
Hare wrote:I wish, I wish but no go for me. soon come. Reading Off Road Riders (RORR) Broad Mt is my all time favorite ride

This is THE BEST ride for learning killer trail up at the RAC area (aka Pottsville, Reading Anthracite, 901 Pub, Burma Rd) these are the guys that make and have made ALL the good chit up there, flowing trails for miles and mile on end 65 at least almost every year for twenty years plus.

sign up late as possible, this is personal opinion but is based on many Broad Mt Enduros, they cut lots of new trail every year, the best ways through and around stuff will be best seen in the very rear, the trail doesn't fall apart like in enduros with swampy, soft or loamy dirt. You will see where the line is much easier on the latest lines and the groove or rail will be easier to ride. Key to RORR is to force yourself to ride a little faster, always be at least in second and shift up, try to pour it on every chance you get, sounds weird but everything works better, you get on top of the rocks, make mini jumps where you can, keeping the front wheel light don't worry about the rear, the faster you ride the rail, the closer to the speed and angle that it was made allows you to stop fighting the turns.

this really a great run
You ride the xr600 in this?
I have ridden and finished it on an XR600, although it wouldn't be my first choice due to the weight factor and the fork tubes hang a touch low on them but that thump power works great up there, especially the XR600, you will have a blast on it. no need to fresh rubber it even if it rains the night before, traction is great and the rest is momentum to get you through
Stinson
DAMN Expert

Post by Stinson »

The advice that was given is spot on. I trail ride in this area for fun alot and really enjoy the singletrack up there. That said, I race in the "A" class and this enduro still kicks my ass pretty good. There is just something different about trying to ride those rocks all day at race place. By the end of the day I am always wishing I was taking the "C" rider cut out lol. :harhar: I wont make it this year. Wife and I recently had a baby boy, so im a bit tied up. Have fun guys.
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

Stinson wrote:The advice that was given is spot on. I trail ride in this area for fun alot and really enjoy the singletrack up there. That said, I race in the "A" class and this enduro still kicks my ass pretty good. There is just something different about trying to ride those rocks all day at race place. By the end of the day I am always wishing I was taking the "C" rider cut out lol. :harhar: I wont make it this year. Wife and I recently had a baby boy, so im a bit tied up. Have fun guys.
Congratulations on the boy!!!!
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Grats on the kid.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Stinson
DAMN Expert

Post by Stinson »

Thanks guys!!!! hope to have a lil riding partner one day. :cheers:
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

Stinson wrote:Thanks guys!!!! hope to have a lil riding partner one day. :cheers:
You'll be bang bars with him in no time. Congrats!
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Granville wrote:
Stinson wrote:Thanks guys!!!! hope to have a lil riding partner one day. :cheers:
You'll be bang bars with him in no time. Congrats!
Spoken from experience!

Congratulations! And time does go by fast.

Jacob 13 years ago:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Had a death on my wifes side of the family. I dont know if they will do a Sunday funeral, but if they do I will have to drop out.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Sorry to hear about your loss, Bucho.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200