I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

20th Annual PATRA Dual Sport and Adventure Ride 6/21-22

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Stinson
DAMN Expert

20th Annual PATRA Dual Sport and Adventure Ride 6/21-22

Post by Stinson »

Hey guys. Looking for some input on this DS. I have never done this one. Those of you that have, do you have any input? They are saying that there is new singletrack :ride: I like singletrack. Anyone else have plans to go?

Thanks

2014 Dual Sport & Adventure Ride
Posted on March 13, 2014 by admin
The 20th Annual PATRA Dual Sport and Adventure Ride is scheduled for Saturday June 21st and Sunday June 22nd, 2014. This is an ALL NEW 2 day event starting at the Union County West End Fairgrounds near Laurelton, Pa.

Take Rt. 235 one mile south off Rt. 45 to Fairgrounds, GPS Coord: 40.880216 & -77.199125.
Google/Bing Map: 1111 State Route 235, Laurelton, PA 17835
* Free primitive camping, lots of free parking, bike wash stations Fri/Sat/Sun.
* 20 RV hookups with water/power low cost fee for entire weekend Fri thru Sun.
* On site indoor food service. Indoor flush toilet facilities for men and women.
* Free rider Continental Breakfast Saturday morning and Free Rider Dinner Saturday night.
* Gas and Groceries available at Laurelton Market 1/4 mile from fairgrounds.
* Motorcycle dealer displays, accessories/items for sale … BETA demo rides.
* Free T-Shirt for each rider 300 rider limit, Pre-entry strongly encouraged.
* Local Motels in Lewisburg, Selinsgrove, State College. Bed & Breakfasts by web search.

NEW LOOPS, NEW TRAILS, LESS COST, 100+ MILES EACH DAY
* Two day Dual Sport Ride with Options and Two day Adventure Ride with Options.
* New single track DS sections both days.
* Saturday Dual Sport is the really cool IRON MAN LOOP with a 17 mile long single track trail & new private land trails.
* Gas Truck with noon Free Snacks/Drinks & Recovery Trucks both Dual Sport Loops.
* Adventure Routes separate from DS routes both days, gas/food available en-route.
* Very little paved road for Adventure Routes. All new Sunday Forest Trekker Loop.
* Dual Sport and Adventure riders get Route Sheets only, no maps this year.
* Options posted and major turns arrowed. Two break down recovery trucks.
* Route sheet holder suggested. All Heavy Adventure Bikes welcome on both days.
* Very scenic tour for Adventure Bikes. Optional Sections are well marked on Loops.

The entry form for the 2014 ride is available here.

TECHNICAL STUFF:
* Completed Entry/Participant Certification must be received by June 18 or handed in at sign-up with late fee.
* Last Rider Out Saturday 10 am, Last Rider Out Sunday 10 am.
* Rider Meetings 9 am both days. DCNR Rangers & local police will be patrolling roads.
* ALL PA VEHICLE/OPERATOR CODES AND LOCAL/STATE SPEED LIMITS APPLY.
* PaTRA membership included in entry fee. Additional $7/Day for Post Entry Riders.
* DS and Adventure Riders can switch Loops either day. Passengers ride free.
* DS riders bring your own gas can.
* Website http://www.patrailriders.org
* For more information contact: tzaccaria60@gmail.com
* Mail entry to: PaTRA, PO Box 817, Boalsburg, PA 16827
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: 20th Annual PATRA Dual Sport and Adventure Ride

Post by Boom Boom »

Think I can handle this one.
New location this year.
More camping and cheaper camping (people were bitching about campground costs)
The location is more central to all riding.
You will need to bring an extra gas can for fuel truck (works great for us smoker riders)
If only able to ride one day make it Saturday.
The dual sport loop will also include Shade Mountain and one of PaTRA members has offered his hunting camp land to cut in fresh single track that will also be part of the Saturday loop. He then went to the locals and farmers to gain access to more private land.
I was involved with cutting in the new single track on his camp land but not with whatever he comes up with the neighbors.
I am normally a sweep rider for this event but this year the Pa National Trials event falls on the same weekend and I am also involved with that in checking sections both days.
I can tell you PaTRA is doing all they can to put on a quality ride.
Also they will offer a ADV ride that will be route sheet only (no road markers).
You will need a roll chart for the DS ride, I expect they will do more resets and less trail markers.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: 20th Annual PATRA Dual Sport and Adventure Ride 6/21-22

Post by Rut Row »

This is a DAMN approved event! I've long wanted to go and hope I can make one someday
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

So it turns out my parents are going to be at my house the event weekend. My dad is a fairly weak dirt rider.

* Adventure Routes separate from DS routes both days, gas/food available en-route.
* Very little paved road for Adventure Routes. All new Sunday Forest Trekker Loop.

How hard would this be on a "SuperTenere"? He has fun at the Shenandoah 500, but I would never consider bringing him on the Hammer Run. In short, he cannot do single track. Is this something he could do, assuming we skip all options?

Thanks,

~Patrick

* EDIT: Changed DRZ400 to SuperTenere because for my dad, that DRZ may as well be a full-sized adventure bike when compared to what others on this board would consider difficult. :)
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

phoo wrote:So it turns out my parents are going to be at my house the event weekend. My dad is a fairly weak dirt rider.

How hard would this be on a "SuperTenere"? He has fun at the Shenandoah 500, but I would never consider bringing him on the Hammer Run. In short, he cannot do single track. Is this something he could do, assuming we skip all options?

Thanks,

~Patrick

* EDIT: Changed DRZ400 to SuperTenere because for my dad, that DRZ may as well be a full-sized adventure bike when compared to what others on this board would consider difficult. :)
Don't know your dad or the details of the route this year but in the past (and hopefully this year) I've found the PATRA rides OFG friendly.
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

phoo wrote:So it turns out my parents are going to be at my house the event weekend. My dad is a fairly weak dirt rider.

Thanks,

~Patrick

The ADV route would be no issue....more like Shen 500, very big bike friendly.
The DS route you would need to skip the options. On Saturday the "iron man" option is Shade including the rock expert trail section so you would not want to drag your dad thru that.

2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr