I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

7-mountains DS

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Re: 7-mountains DS

Post by phoo »

Dad and I are en route. We'll be the Adventure Ride Options Assault Team.

Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

Sam and I had a great ride today. Thanks Boom Boom for your hard work. I appreciate it. Pass along our thanks to the rest of the PATRA team. Some very challenging sections.
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
joedirt
DAMN Wanabe

Post by joedirt »

great ride but did anyone else get a little confused towards the end on saturday?
Stinson
DAMN Expert

Post by Stinson »

joedirt wrote:great ride but did anyone else get a little confused towards the end on saturday?

Roll chart said left dirt road coming out of the gate. The tree had a W in that direction. I went both ways until the roll chart matched up with the next turn.

To be fair, I didnt have a roll chart, I asked someone. So the arrows were pretty good since I was able to follow the route with only one little area of confusion.

Good ride, there are some sharp rocks up that way. Lol
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

The hardest part for PATRA was trying to arrow 2 different courses that sometimes took the same road on the same day using the same exact arrows. I suggested more pre-running was needed and maybe different color arrows or something for different routes. Glad you had a good time. I rode sweep yesterday and that was about 105 miles of beauty.
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

REALLY enjoyed this event. Trailsrider and I rode together and got a few bonus miles but most of them were good.
I think? :shrug: we did the Sunday AM option at the start of the day Saturday before recovering and doing the full Saturday course.

The only disappointment was that the bonus miles got us SO late that by the time we were in the middle of the option 2 at Shade the organizers shut it down due to too many stuck riders so we had to turn around and do the regular route - which was all the rest of Shade so still VERY GOOD. :loveit:

The nice plush 200 just ATE the rocks with ease :thumbup:
For the fist time in a looong time I passed quite a few more riders than passed me :shrug:

I think a lot of these folks were NOT enjoying themselves on some of the tougher trails at Shade :lol2:
It was easy quick fun cruising on the FerankenKTM 200 with the Tubliss at about 3 PSI!

The new trail BoomBoom cut near Shade was AWESOME!!! :loveit:

BoomBoom is LEGENDARY with the PATRA guys as the TRAIL CUTTING MANIAC :jack:
Last edited by BigBird on Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

Great writeup ^^^.

The funny thing was alot of DS riders complained Shade was "too hard" or "not fun" ... meanwhile the whole shebang was advertised as "Iron Man". Which part, the "iron" or the "man" was misunderstood? Ha! Shade is tough..not for whiners. :kumbaya:
KTM 450 EXC mostly
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Was the Adventure route all public roadways, normally accessible? What I saw of it before my bike shit the bed looked pretty cool and I'd like to check it out again sometime.

Thanks,

~Patrick
1975 Harley FXE1200
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

Patrick,
Don't know much about the adventure route but what happened to your bike? Maybe you shouldn't sleep with it? Just sayin'. The 300? :lurker:
KTM 450 EXC mostly
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

No, the WR400. It's just old and tired. I haven't opened it up, but I suspect it dropped a valve. It'll run if you jump start it, but makes an awful clacking sound so I don't run it. I just lack the motivation to open it up and figure out what's wrong with it.

Thanks,

~Patrick
1975 Harley FXE1200