I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Farm loop bafoonery

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: Farm loop bafoonery

Post by Skinny-J »

Boom Boom wrote:
Skinny-J wrote:If you want some help beating back the briars I would be glad to volunteer; I have certainly ridden there enough to owe a little payback!
Thanks for the offer.
Would sooner see you get the trials bike in tune and come pay your dues on the sections I have. Might even have one with our name listed.
I seem to be going backwards with that thing; I have completely lost all spark now (but then the earlier hard starting may have been from a weak spark so maybe its actually progress). I have read about it most likely being the stator and I need to send it to Europe for an exchange, but then maybe its the coil\CDI. My professional diagnosis had led me to park it in the back of the shed for now and see if it heals itself... :kali:

Boom Boom wrote:Hopefully a date works that your family could come for a weekend camp and join in with the activities.
The grass track plus small woods section would work well for a little mini blind enduro section for the kids....let them be the racers for the day.
Could use help running that...think it would be like herding cats.
That would be AWESOME! Except for the weekend of the 4th when we are already scheduled to be away camping, I would do my best to make it happen any other weekend. It would be great to finally settle all this trash talking between my kids and Phoo's kids; this whole east-west rivalry has just gotten out of hand :harhar:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Longboardr wrote:
Boom Boom wrote:
Skinny-J wrote: Could use help running that...think it would be like herding cats.
Skinny-J is King of the Cat Herders!

If I didn't already have a jersey with Skinny-J on it; King Cat Herder does have a nice ring to it...
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Skinny-J wrote:
Longboardr wrote:
Boom Boom wrote:
Skinny-J wrote: Could use help running that...think it would be like herding cats.
Skinny-J is King of the Cat Herders!

If I didn't already have a jersey with Skinny-J on it; King Cat Herder does have a nice ring to it...
I would GLADLY pay for a jersey like that for you :thumbup:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

J re: your stator? problem. I've had several electrical problems on my stable and on Bucho's bike and learned a little.

There are ways to do sort of a test on the stator output and on the coil. Search around on the internet for your bike and see what you can find. Lewisport.com has a link to most of the service manuals or maybe the mfg.

IF you can't find anything for your bike I can dig out what I've found for other bikes and it should be similar. Let me know if you need it.
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Mike, if you need help clearing trails, let me know.

I need to get some bigger quads and bikes for the kids, too. The mini quads are great for the yard, but Mountain Ridge showed that they need bigger wheels.

Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Just an update to this thread....looking like July 19-20 will be the farm ride weekend.
Need to get final approval from the powers that be, but that weekend has the least conflict in the month of July that I can come up with.
Looking to make Saturday a general "family" day...putz around on the trails...float the creek...your call.
Sunday would be a mini blind endure for the little ones in the AM and a full scale blind enduro for the big kids after lunch.
Keep a open spot on your schedule.
Will make a new post with more details as I work things out but figured I would post up something now to "hold the date"
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

On schedule. Will try and have both bikes running so no excuses. I haven't ridden off road is so long...................
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

Boom Boom where is this farm?
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

Carlisle PA I believe.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

BillyGoat wrote:Boom Boom where is this farm?
Carlisle Pa.
Will send directions to those that want to attend.
Not posting address on a public forum.
Had some website lurkers show up at the farm once thinking it was a public place to ride because it was posted on here....that won't happen again.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr