I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Michaux DS Aug 24

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
zamobro9
DAMN Expert

Re: Michaux DS Aug 24

Post by zamobro9 »

yes skinny j likes the options at michaux, my bike was on the ground more than upright when i rode it with him lol, but it was a great time even when we were lost :amazon:
btw i'm only 5'6" and i was on a 650l too
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

zamobro9 wrote:yes skinny j likes the options at michaux, my bike was on the ground more than upright when i rode it with him lol, but it was a great time even when we were lost :amazon:
Kenny,

I remember that ride well! After RIDING the bikes from Baltimore to Michaux and successfully doing the first couple of options we set out on the next one on the list only to find someone had torn down all the markers half way thru. Somehow we ended up on a deer trail that was gnarlier than hell but eventually dropped us onto RT 230 where we were able to find the main course again. After completing the day we then RODE home; that’s what I call a real Dual Sport and there are not too many bikes out there that will do something like that; LONG LIVE THE PIG!

Now days I am nothing but a trailer queen any more, hauling my plated dirt-bike to rides and calling it “Dual-Sporting”, what a farce; I hang my head in shame....

SJ
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Skinny-J wrote:
zamobro9 wrote:yes skinny j likes the options at michaux, my bike was on the ground more than upright when i rode it with him lol, but it was a great time even when we were lost :amazon:
Kenny,

I remember that ride well! After RIDING the bikes from Baltimore to Michaux and successfully doing the first couple of options we set out on the next one on the list only to find someone had torn down all the markers half way thru. Somehow we ended up on a deer trail that was gnarlier than hell but eventually dropped us onto RT 230 where we were able to find the main course again. After completing the day we then RODE home; that’s what I call a real Dual Sport and there are not too many bikes out there that will do something like that; LONG LIVE THE PIG!

Now days I am nothing but a trailer queen any more, hauling my plated dirt-bike to rides and calling it “Dual-Sporting”, what a farce; I hang my head in shame....

SJ
Ahh, back in the day when men were men and sheep were scared :lol2:
Bless you ride all day 650 boys...my ass hurts just thinking about that.
Guess that is why I ride a bike with no seat :shrug:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I sent in my registration today. I'll be taking the KLR250, trailering it there, and camping Saturday night. I'm trying to talk my buddy into going with his DL650. He inquired about using my KLR650 and I said that would be OK because part of me wants to see how it'll do after a few new upgrades like an IMS tank and new rear spring.

This will be my first real DS ride. Gene tells me that my KLR250 is by far the better bike to take than my KLR650. I need a new chain and sprockets so I'm going to drop a tooth on the front sprocket and I need new tires so it's going to get some real knobbies on it too. Other than that, the only PITA thing I can think of is kicking it every time I stall...
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
stretchride
DAMN Expert

Post by stretchride »

dirtygrunt wrote:...BTW- any interest in camping Saturday night? We can ride Michaux and/or local twisties Saturday.
Thanks for all the info. Sounds like fun, I'm gonna see if I can make the camping and twisties happen - will keep ya posted.
Bucho wrote:If you plan on doing the options (and Im sure you are), then you will want your KTM.
Yeah, may be hard for me to pass up options :screwy: Unfortunately the KTM is not street legal as of yet, and realistically won't be by then either
Skinny-J wrote:Maybe I should just stick with my mountain bike.... :frustrated:
:harhar: though there IS that whole pedaling thing..
Skinny-J wrote:Hell, maybe I will bring mine and we can again turn heads as we come off of the A option
Awesome, rock out with your pig out!
zamobro9 wrote:btw i'm only 5'6" and i was on a 650l too
bonus points for this :thumbup: Gene Simmons high heel cycle boots?
juddspaintballs wrote:Other than that, the only PITA thing I can think of is kicking it every time I stall...
That can get old quick... Well if nothing else my pig does have the magic button!
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

DON'T FORGET :nono:

That the BIG 50th PARTY :eats: :cheers: will be in downtown Frederick starting mid afternoon so you can get carbo-loaded for the Sunday DS!

Invitations will be out soon!
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I decided to drop my front sprocket two teeth. Now I can wheelie with throttle alone and 2,000 RPM in first gear is walking speed. I hope the sprocket change will prevent me from stalling as much (and subsequently kick starting).

I have a set of Kenda K760's on their way as well. It sounds like I might actually be able to make it through some of these options now.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

My registration went in the mail over the weekend; just a little late but I bet they will still take my $. Boosthund was also supposed to sign-up over the weekend so it sounds like it should be a good showing of DAMN riders. :thumbup:

Stretch,
How is the leg healing up, hope you are on the mend and won't miss the fun and games of Michaux.

SJ
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

J - Thanks for the WAKE UP!

Per the MORE website they are still accepting entries. Mine just went into the mail!

AND Don't forget you can CARBOLOAD the afternoon/evening before at the OFG's 50th Anniversary PARTY :eats: :cheers: in downtown Frederick! Please RSVP!

http://www.evite.com/event/0075P5CPOJBK ... COVD5OD3DE
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

I'm planning on camping up at Big Flat all weekend. I'll drag the pop-up camper there late Friday or early Saturday. That place is crazy by Saturday PM. Plan 'B" is the Pine Ridge parking lot.

Edit--subject to change..Wifey's work schedule just got 360'd..we work at the same place. Argh.
Last edited by Laoch on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce