I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Michaux DS Aug 24

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Michaux DS Aug 24

Post by Laoch »

Thank you for your entry.
We are up to 100 entries to date
Who's in?

Flyer---> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/237 ... 4flier.pdf
Bruce
stretchride
DAMN Expert

Re: Michaux DS Aug 24

Post by stretchride »

hmmm, breakfast, BBQ lunch, and ice cream at the finish? oh yeah riding too? i believe i'm a hell yeah for this :eats: :roost:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Ive done this one before. It gets my endorsement. Id do it again hut have a scheduling conflict that weekend.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Highly recommended - unless you don't like ROCKS :lol2:

You can carbo load at our 50 Anniversary PARTY on Saturday!
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

For some reason that type of carb loading makes me sluggish the next day. :-P

Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

This was the first DS ride I ever did year's ago; and its still one of my favorites. Rode it on a Honda XRL 650 with a buddy on a KLR; we just didn't know any better :screwy: I am very happy that they moved the date and it no longer conflicts with the GMER enduro like it has for the past few years. Gonna plan on making it this year!
stretchride
DAMN Expert

Post by stretchride »

Does anyone have more info on the route? Not much on the flyer or site. I guess I saw "Dual Sport" and figured it was fire roads and some trails etc. but I'm getting the impression its more Michaux Enduro style? Just making sure we're not confusing the two - the Michaux Enduro is in September.

Skinny J - crap thats what I was gonna ride (XR650L), not sounding like a good idea now :barf:

DirtyGrunt - what were you planning to ride?
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

If you plan on doing the options (and Im sure you are), then you will want your KTM.

There are some easy fire roads, but it is still a great rocky dualsport.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

In the past I've ridden the XR4, last year I rode The KLX. I don't always do all the options.
Michaux is my backyard and I go mostly for the food and friends. :thumbup:

My guess is that 60-70% is gravel fire roads and paved. With the rest being single/double track type stuff, with some atv trails. Uses existing hiking and horse trails with a few sections of new stuff and at least one section (breakfast option) on private land. It's more of a DS than an enduro.
Does that sound about right?

BTW- any interest in camping Saturday night? We can ride Michaux and/or local twisties Saturday.
Bruce
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

stretchride wrote:Does anyone have more info on the route? Not much on the flyer or site. I guess I saw "Dual Sport" and figured it was fire roads and some trails etc. but I'm getting the impression its more Michaux Enduro style? Just making sure we're not confusing the two - the Michaux Enduro is in September.

Skinny J - crap thats what I was gonna ride (XR650L), not sounding like a good idea now :barf:
Stretch,

Sorry if I have confused you; I think Dirty pretty much summed it up with his description. Its all relative; my BRP was my first forey into dirt and I rode that thing through some very hairy stuff including all the options at Michaux DS to the blue trail at the Cove. But then I got a WR 450 and now when I get on the BRP it feels like a tank (but I still love it). But then I picked up a YZ250 and now the WR feels like a tank. And then I got a trials bike and the YZ feels massive..... Maybe I should just stick with my mountain bike.... :frustrated:

As long as you have a decent set of for real knobbies on the Honda you will be fine for what ever you want to do with it at this DS. Hell, maybe I will bring mine and we can again turn heads as we come off of the A option :whoop:

SJ