I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Michaux DS Aug 24

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: Michaux DS Aug 24

Post by Skinny-J »

I will be riding in on the Honda, aiming for 7:30.

Looking forward to it. :thumbup:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Have fun guys
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
stretchride
DAMN Expert

Post by stretchride »

Shooting for 730, will be on the white Honda, DAMN jersey "Halter"
Got a new rear, if they had as much rain as we did today could be interesting
And one of these
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Rolling. The new (to me) bike isn't plated yet so I'm on the KTM.
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

:lurker:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Holy crap, the hill on option 10! I'm new to dirt riding and all, but there was a huge difference between the C's I rode all day and the B Option 10. The rest of that option was a cake walk, but that hill kicked my ass.

I stalled 4x going up and that little KLR250 hated kicking back over after stalling. At one point I had to head down the hill to try to bump start it, and it didn't work. I found a nice flat spot at the bottom to do some kicking and kicking and kicking and also found a log filled with ground hornets. I got stung 8 or 9 times before I could get far enough away. Eventually I made it back to the bike, righted it quickly, and pushed it as hard as I could to see if I could get it clear of those ground hornets. It only went about 2' before falling again, but far enough I could grab the front wheel and drag it a few more feet.

I finally got restarted and after only two more stalls, I made it up and over that rock obstacle hill. I was whooped, but at least I made it. I wasn't gonna let that bastage hill defeat me after taking a few hornet stings. The rest of the option was easy and the rest of the main course was pretty nice too. I finally got some ice cream around 5:15 and then loaded up and headed home.

I had a blast today. I didn't do too poorly for my first time and the bike performed very well (except for not wanting to restart after stalling). I could definitely use a better suspension on it, but for what it is, it wasn't bad.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Stung by hornets sounds pretty crappy. Im glad you finally made the hill.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Another great Michaux DS!

The OFG got to ride with and watch the PROS (Skinny J, Phoo and Trialsrider) in the AM :ride: and then hooked up with Stretchride for the PM! Conditions were near perfect with almost no dust or mud and only a few rocks (well maybe quite a few - but the OFG actually LIKES rocks!) :shrug:

Stretchride and OFG missed having Skinny J in front of us to show us how to ride the rocks on Option 10 (J departed for home from the southernmost part of the course shortly before Option 10) BUT after a couple of falls we both made it - AND the OFG got to eat J's Ice-cream at the finish! :lol2:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

rocks? hornets? :eyes:

glad I didn't go! :hi5:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Got up late, started late, got on the road and hit the "check in" right at 0900. Rode to breakfast, caught up to OFG and Co. at one point. Then had electrical issues with bike...just Google DRZ and electrical.

Made it through to lunch...but had to stick to main roads, cuz if I stalled I was screwed with a dead battery and since the stock speedo is inop I use my gps for everything (which I had to turn off).
I did have to gas up for the ride home and ended up bump starting it in the gas station parking lot.

Those MORE folks do put on a first class event.
Bruce