I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Michaux DS Aug 24

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Re: Michaux DS Aug 24

Post by BillyGoat »

On the DRZ, the charging problem can be fixed easily iwth a plug in harness that gives you extra ~.5volt for charging. Makes all teh difference. You can make it yourself or can buy it http://www.sisnerosspeedworks.com/dr-z4 ... er-harness
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

dirtygrunt wrote:Got up late, started late, got on the road and hit the "check in" right at 0900. Rode to breakfast, caught up to OFG and Co. at one point. Then had electrical issues with bike...just Google DRZ and electrical.

Made it through to lunch...but had to stick to main roads, cuz if I stalled I was screwed with a dead battery and since the stock speedo is inop I use my gps for everything (which I had to turn off).
I did have to gas up for the ride home and ended up bump starting it in the gas station parking lot.

Those MORE folks do put on a first class event.
Dirty - Its a little $$$ but I picked up a micro Jump starter, since both the Berg and my DRZ are electric. I Added the additional harness for connection to the battery, and this little jumper works great and fits in the bag or backpack without much weight added. Plus its great around the house on cars, charges your cell phone, computer.....

http://shop.antigravitybatteries.com/micro-start-xp-1/
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
waserman
DAMN Expert

Post by waserman »

This is the 2nd event that I've ridden since 2012, the first being The Quarry Run in NY this year and I have to say that this is still my favorite . The thing I like about this event is all of their options are doable , some are tougher than others. I got up at 4:30 and drove up and got my riders packet and got out about 8:30 on the trail . I opted out of breakfast and lunch and just decided to ride everything, so I could finish and get home at a decent hour . When I got to the #10 option there were no less than five bikes stuck in various places along the deer fence and of course I stalled in 1 spot between 2 downed bikes . I was able to get started and with a tremendous amount of clutch abuse get back up on the pegs and finish the climb, the rest of that section was sweet. I pretty much recognized the rest of the options as former enduro sections. The only way to get any better at riding these types of rock sections is to ride in an area where it's similar. :knary: I got my butt kicked yesterday and am sore as can be, but I had a great day , no crashes , a couple get off the bike on off cambers to save it , and I know I had to be :ride: in some of that single track in the second half , which I believe I was possibly 1 of the first riders through because there were only a few tire tracks and there was no trail burned in yet. :thumbup: This will always be on my list as an event to attend, they put on a first class dual sport ride.
John

DER ECEA AMA
Class: A Super Senior, open

Husqvarna TE 510
stretchride
DAMN Expert

Post by stretchride »

Great event, great weather (no dust) talk about getting your moneys worth! Ride all day from 8-5, breakfast stop, lunch stop (and I though the food was great), ice cream, T-shirt... I'll be back for sure.
Hooked up with OFG, Skinny-J, Phoo, TrialsRider for some stretches until I'd eventually lose them one way or another (it was always my fault :shrug: ). Missed a turn on an early trail and kept going for awhile, good thing though, came across a guy pinned under his KTM on a down slope who couldn't get loose - got him freed and going again but was too far behind to catch up (sorry that you guys waited).
I think I skipped the first B option and felt bad about it but I loved that stretch of main course, got to air out the XR a bit, there was one nice rolling jump after another that really let me get a feel for that bike - fun :thumbup:
That B+ option that was like 8.5 miles long started out fun and fast for awhile then got tight and rocky for a long way. Loooonnnng way :whip: I came across a ton of mountain bikers heading up into it, didn't seem like a great place to be pedaling, but they probably thought it didn't seem like a great place to be riding dirt bikes.
Jed I'm with ya, that hill was a bitch, lotsa guys were having problems when Sam and I got there. Waited for a while and saw a guy down in the woods to the left with a KLR (leaned against a tree). He was kinda watching everyone, looked pissed with hands on hips, I figured he was having bike trouble. This was confirmed when he walked over and shoved that KLR away from the tree so hard it flipped :foul: I finally made it with help from Sam :thumbup:
Chased OFG for a buncha fun miles to wrap up the day.
Sorry you had bike troubles dirtygrunt :wallbash:

trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

I am glad I was able to squeeze this ride in last minute. The weather was great and NO DUST! I was only able to do the morning ride (64 mile, 7 options) due to other commitments, but it was really worth it. I have seen harder options at Michaux, but still a great ride and MORE does a fantastic job putting on the event including marking the route and the food. It was great to meet you stretchride, and riding with Bigbird, Phoo and Skinny-J again. Sorry I missed the last section, sounds like a lot of fun :brows:.
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Had a great time, even though I had to bail at the lunch break. Sorry I missed the hill climb, but I'm glad I hit most of the options and I think all but one of the B options as part of the morning loop. It's always great riding and hanging out with the DAMN riders!

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

stretchride wrote:Jed I'm with ya, that hill was a bitch, lotsa guys were having problems when Sam and I got there. Waited for a while and saw a guy down in the woods to the left with a KLR (leaned against a tree). He was kinda watching everyone, looked pissed with hands on hips, I figured he was having bike trouble. This was confirmed when he walked over and shoved that KLR away from the tree so hard it flipped :foul:
That was me with the KLR looking pissed. The tree it was leaning against was right where the ground hornet log was. That's how it landed when I jumped off and ran while getting stung repeatedly. Eventually, I was brave enough to approach it, stand it up as quickly as I could, and give it a shove to see if it would get far enough away from the log with the hornets.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
stretchride
DAMN Expert

Post by stretchride »

juddspaintballs wrote:
stretchride wrote:Jed I'm with ya, that hill was a bitch, lotsa guys were having problems when Sam and I got there. Waited for a while and saw a guy down in the woods to the left with a KLR (leaned against a tree). He was kinda watching everyone, looked pissed with hands on hips, I figured he was having bike trouble. This was confirmed when he walked over and shoved that KLR away from the tree so hard it flipped :foul:
That was me with the KLR looking pissed. The tree it was leaning against was right where the ground hornet log was. That's how it landed when I jumped off and ran while getting stung repeatedly. Eventually, I was brave enough to approach it, stand it up as quickly as I could, and give it a shove to see if it would get far enough away from the log with the hornets.
Oh wow, all due respect I have to say thats the funniest thing I've heard all day :whoop: :amazon: :censored: :poser:
I hadn't put 2 and 2 together...
I think you earned a DAMN Golden Hornet award or something :deal: for perseverance and stick-to-it-ness in the face of rocks/hornets/empty stomach!
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

stretchride wrote: I think you earned a DAMN Golden Hornet award or something :deal: for perseverance and stick-to-it-ness in the face of rocks/hornets/empty stomach!
:thumbup:
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R