I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Show us your ride pics!

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
stretchride
DAMN Expert

Re: Show us your ride pics!

Post by stretchride »

YAMPOL wrote:Saturday, Midget and I took a quick ride around the dirt roads at Michaux. It was cool and damp, but no dust!

YAMPOL
nice pics! i would like to go exploring more in that area. is everything off limits outside of the gravel roads? ie the single track and atv trails used in the enduro and dual sport?
YAMPOL
DAMN Wanabe

Post by YAMPOL »

Yup. You have to go to one of those rides (enduro, dual sport) to do anything but the roads.
Retired and loving it!
SoPaRider
DAMN n00b

Post by SoPaRider »

Yep as well. The good stuff is only available to ride during the dual sport in August and the enduro in September. I have 15 legal to ride dual sport routes with turn by turn directions in text form, that run in, out and through Michaux State Forest using state, township and forest roads, they add up to 845 miles, 539 unpaved and 306 paved, that I can forward you via e-mail, just shoot me a PM and I'd be glad to send them to you or anyone else.

Jeff

'09 DR650SE
'07 wee-strom
'96 DR441S
stretchride
DAMN Expert

Post by stretchride »

SoPaRider wrote:Yep as well. The good stuff is only available to ride during the dual sport in August and the enduro in September. I have 15 legal to ride dual sport routes with turn by turn directions in text form, that run in, out and through Michaux State Forest using state, township and forest roads, they add up to 845 miles, 539 unpaved and 306 paved, that I can forward you via e-mail, just shoot me a PM and I'd be glad to send them to you or anyone else.

Jeff

'09 DR650SE
'07 wee-strom
'96 DR441S
Thanks for the offer, PM sent :thumbup:
YAMPOL
DAMN Wanabe

Post by YAMPOL »

Well it was too nice Saturday not to at least take a little ride and blow the dust off. I took my wife's vintage dual sport for a short ride on some local roads then took mine for a little bit longer ride. Great weather for December.

YAMPOL :ride:
Retired and loving it!
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Nice
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
stretchride
DAMN Expert

Post by stretchride »

Finally got out for the first ride of 2015, just a quick hour after work around Sugarloaf.
Started thru some of this:
we've had a good bit of snow on the ground as you know, till yesterday it warmed up and rained all day, and today broke into the upper 50's, causing a lotta this
yes there is a bridge under there, normally a quiet creek. I think I've posted it before, yup here it is
Further up the road
Riding was fun, a little wet, no one else around, dodged some "puddles"
came upon this (challenge right?), headed to what's usually a relatively calm water crossing (Price's Distillery)
so wasn't surprised to find...
so naturally, I throttled up, popped the clutch and.... turned around :-D
Good to be back out, long winter around here.
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

:thumbup: Hope to do some of that myself soon.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

looks like a good route - when are you taking us on it?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Bucho wrote:Nice pics Stretch. I got out for a short ride on Monday afternoon. Still quite a bit of snow ice up in the Frederick Watershed. Though I'd imagine it should be melting fast in this weather.

Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200