I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Show us your ride pics!

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Show us your ride pics!

Post by Bucho »

Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
YAMPOL
DAMN Wanabe

Post by YAMPOL »

Cool pics. Haven't been on some of those roads in years.
Retired and loving it!
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Not sure how many people play the game, but this is the current Maryland ADV tag that I placed on Monday.

The bridge on Fishing Creek Road right at the intersection of Mountaindale Road.
Someone move this while there is still a little snow/ice. Show the ADV guys that DAMNriders have the skills needed for actual adventure.

Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
stretchride
DAMN Expert

Post by stretchride »

Kyler wrote:looks like a good route - when are you taking us on it?
hmmm, might be a good route for an upcoming breakfast ride on the Mad Max FZ-09?
are you declaring it warm enough to ride yet? :lol2:
stretchride
DAMN Expert

Post by stretchride »

[quote="Bucho"][/quote]
good job Bucho!
temperature wise, cruising down the road in the sun was one thing, but heading into the woods with that much snow was probably like riding into the fridge :hi5:
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

What stinkin rain? It was warm today :thumbup:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Nice J, that is Prices Distillery Road right?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Yup, you know your water crossings. There was a "Road closed" sign & creek was high & fast, I didn't cross :shrug: I'll definatly cross it when it's warmer..... or when I'm following someone :lol2:

Ahh, maybe I better not ride with Bonehead tomorrow :screwy:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

J&J wrote:Yup, you know your water crossings. There was a "Road closed" sign & creek was high & fast, I didn't cross :shrug: I'll definatly cross it when it's warmer..... or when I'm following someone :lol2:

may I suggest Bonehead is the perfect stream scout? :jack:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

J&J wrote:Yup, you know your water crossings. There was a "Road closed" sign & creek was high & fast, I didn't cross :shrug: I'll definatly cross it when it's warmer..... or when I'm following someone :lol2:

About 12 years ago (before marriage and mortage) I had a pretty sweet BMW R1150GS. I used to work for Battley Cycles and they were supporting this BMW rally that was up near Thurmont. They asked me if I wanted to lead this GS ride. I agreed. The route they gave me didnt have a single piece of dirt on it. I felt that was unacceptable and I altered the route. There was only 4 riders I was leading. Two of them were very good riders. The other two were okay but had basically no dirt experience.
It was a rainy weekend. One of my course changes was to go down Prices Distillery. The water was pretty high (but not as bad as in the above picture). Myself and the two good riders we bopped right across.
One of the riders flat out refused to it. She said she couldnt. We rode her bike across for her.
The other guy had never done it before And was very unsure. We sort of talked him into it. After a little coaching from me and the other good rider. The guy went for it.
The second he started I knew he would fail. Feet off the pegs and wobbling badly. He quickly faltered in the water and got turned sideways and whisky throttled. He drove the bike up into the little side channel and dropped it. Luckily he didnt drown it but did bend his bars a little.
Im not sure if they were mad at me for altering the ride. But they never asked me to help or lead rides again.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200