I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Show us your ride pics!

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: Show us your ride pics!

Post by Wingfixer »

+1 on the bullet proof! Sorry to see your damage Jay. Despite my best efforts my rads are still straight! The clutch lever.....
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I'll still highly recommend the Highway Dirt Bike$ hand guards. I hit a tree at about 20 mph during Greenbrier square in the middle of the right hand guard and all it did was throw me to the ground. The extra wide (tall?) dual portion of the guard protects your fingers and your levers if you keep them rotated low for standing.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Glenduro
DAMN Expert

Post by Glenduro »

Boom Boom wrote:
J&J wrote:Well, a couple of weeks ago I was saying my new Ktm radiator guards were really nice.....

And Boom Boom sugested I go for a little ride at Shade to shake the new off......

Well I did & found out the radiator guards are NOT so really good.....

Well I might have seen a guy trying to test some new Bullet proof designs guards & they looked really nice so I got some....

Well these are really nice, guaranteed for life, & fit like a glove on one side :killingme: & made a good template for getting the bent one straightened out on the other side. I think these are the best guards out there.... Stay tuned I'm sure I'll be checking them.

I got tired & struggled on one really rocky hill. I think I need to back some clickers off a little more for the rocks. I will say the Ktm guard kept me from totally destroying the radiator. :shrug:

And yes Mike I shook the new off. Still loving the bike though just need to run a couple hundred bucks of gas through it. More seat time is what I need.
Glad to see you went with the Bullet Proof....was turned onto them years ago and will not use anything else. Side and front protection with easy bolt up.
I like the new rad guards!! I'm looking for some for the 450X :) I smashed mine good a few weeks back at moto cove shakin the dust off. I guess I shook to hard :)

How do the bullet proof guards fit? I doesn't look like it offer side impact protection? I do see they make them for the 450x? LEt me know your thoughts, I might end up investing in a pair.
Glenduro
Been there, Done that , and bought the replacement parts
Honda CRF450X
Honda XR650L
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

They fit over the front very tightly. Had to spend some time straightening & untwisting for it to fit that side. I've straightened radiators before with a 1x2 and a hammer. It's surprising how well they will straighten with a little patience. These guards bolt through the radiator mounts to the frame & to the outside where the louvers were. Holds the radiator very securely & are strong so I don't think they will bend again. Although they don't cover the side, the guards are a little wider than the radiator so side impact should be on the guard not the radiator.

Check out this video, Jeff talks about side protection & you'll see more of the guard. I'm sure the Honda ones are similar.

Glenduro
DAMN Expert

Post by Glenduro »

J&J wrote:They fit over the front very tightly. Had to spend some time straightening & untwisting for it to fit that side. I've straightened radiators before with a 1x2 and a hammer. It's surprising how well they will straighten with a little patience. These guards bolt through the radiator mounts to the frame & to the outside where the louvers were. Holds the radiator very securely & are strong so I don't think they will bend again. Although they don't cover the side, the guards are a little wider than the radiator so side impact should be on the guard not the radiator.

Check out this video, Jeff talks about side protection & you'll see more of the guard. I'm sure the Honda ones are similar.

Thanks for the info, I'll check out the video.
Glenduro
Been there, Done that , and bought the replacement parts
Honda CRF450X
Honda XR650L
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

I got this today....

Bruce
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

It came with this.....

Crappy pic, Freeride 250. Gonna get it dirty tomorrow.
Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Nice!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

dirtygrunt wrote:It came with this.....

Crappy pic, Freeride 250. Gonna get it dirty tomorrow.
Looking good! How was the ride?
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Nice Bruce....such a cheater bike.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr