I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Seven Mountains Conservation Corp's upcoming events

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
SMCC
DAMN n00b

Seven Mountains Conservation Corp's upcoming events

Post by SMCC »

Seven Mountains Conservation Corp has several upcoming events that are worth checking out.

Our annual "mini" dual sport event is limited to 15 riders and uses all of the dual sport trails as well as some private property single track. It is scheduled for July 13th. We can adjust the difficulty level to match riders of all skill levels.

Our enduro and endurocross training schools are scheduled for July 19th and 20th and we still have some slots open.

Please check out our website www.sevenmountainsconservationcorp.com for entries and more information.

We have also been asked by our Forestry Department (DCNR) to put a series of switchback turns on Old Burn Trail and Plantation Trail. Anyone that has ridden the dual sport loop will recognize these trails as the ones that have been shut down while the new Multi use trail was being installed. This is our last chance to keep the single track open and all help will be greatly appreciated. I will keep everyone posted on the work weekend date.

We are continuing to schedule trail work on Tuesday nights (Trail Tuesday) and if anyone is local and would like to come out and lend a hand, shoot me a message.

Thanks,

Matt Spigelmyer
SMCC
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Seven Mountains Conservation Corp's upcoming events

Post by BigBird »

Matt - This OFG would like to attend. I've just sent an email to entry@sevenmountainsconservationcorp.com
with basic info, etc. and asked for info on how to pay, etc.

Hope to see you next weekend!
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

This was a VERY nice FUN event! We did almost 100 miles in "7 Mountains" and nearby including some challenging climbs and descents and fun single track. There was a support vehicle that met us several times with Gatorade. The folks were super friendly and helpful and the skill level of the riders was pretty well matched so waiting for catch ups at turns was brief.

These folks KNOW the trails as they laid many of them out and do the ongoing maintenance.

I will definitely do this again and would recommend it to others!
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

SMCC is a great crew, I figured you would have a fun time.
Nice having a personal guide and no roll charts to follow.
Easy to see how this format works well...
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Boom Boom wrote:SMCC is a great crew, I figured you would have a fun time.
I THINK I may have gotten SPECIAL treatment because I told them I was a friend of the famous BOOM BOOM :loveit:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

BigBird wrote:
Boom Boom wrote:SMCC is a great crew, I figured you would have a fun time.
I THINK I may have gotten SPECIAL treatment because I told them I was a friend of the famous BOOM BOOM :loveit:
LOL....I think not.
SMCC and PaTRA still not playing well together and with me being PaTRA trail boss for Shade I expect dropping my name would find you still in the woods under a pile of rocks.
Both great organizations and I support both when I can, just wish a couple guys could get over themselves and join efforts for the greater good of all off road riders.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
SMCC
DAMN n00b

Post by SMCC »

Glad you had a good time BigBird and next time kidnap Boom Boom and bring him along!!!!! The only thing I'm burying under rocks are old fall line trails.

Everyone please don't forget about our training schools coming up this weekend, there are still slots open. Enduro skills on Saturday and Endurocross skills on Sunday.

The trail projects for 2014 are in the planning stages and it looks like we will put switchback turns (like the one we put on Summit Trail last year) on Old Burn and Plantation trail. I will keep everyone posted on the dates. The single track trails on the northwest side of the Seven Mountains Dual Sport trail system are disappearing fast and supporting these project are the only way we will keep what we have left open.

Matt
Seven Mountains Conservation Corp
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Matt be sure and post work dates here on DAMN in a new post.
I will do what I can to gather some DAMN support for a work day.
Most of these guys would have a 3-4 hour drive for a work day.
Perhaps a Saturday workday with some SMCC late afternoon / evening play time / camp over at the endurocross track followed by a shorter work day sunday might get you more support from the guys having such a long drive.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

SMCC wrote:
Everyone please don't forget about our training schools coming up this weekend, there are still slots open. Enduro skills on Saturday and Endurocross skills on Sunday.

Matt
Seven Mountains Conservation Corp

Jacob & I did these last year, I recommend the Endurocross skills...... good fun! :whoop: