I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Ride The Cove Thurs 7-24?

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Ride The Cove Thurs 7-24?

Post by Bucho »

[GoogleVideo2][/GoogleVideo2]
Ovo wrote:Got space for one more? Just trying to justify the 3 hour ride there and 3 back.

What time are guys planning on being there.

Hey Ron, three hours is a haul (so I understand if you decide to stay home), but you are very welcome to come ride. Bring your trials bike too if you want. We can find enough crazy rocks to justify it.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Not sure about time?

How does 0900 sound?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
stretchride
DAMN Expert

Post by stretchride »

The more the merrier for sure! I figured I'd shoot to arrive around 9-9:15 as well but am flexible. 3 hours - yikes
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Hey Ovo, I still have your number in my phone. Send me a text while enrt when you have a decent eta. If you are gonna be a little late we can do a short loop and circle back to get you when you arrive.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

Bucho wrote:Hey Ovo, I still have your number in my phone. Send me a text while enrt when you have a decent eta. If you are gonna be a little late we can do a short loop and circle back to get you when you arrive.
Will do...I hope I miss the morning traffic. If I do I should be pretty close to on time.
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
stretchride
DAMN Expert

Post by stretchride »

Bucho wrote:Hey Ovo, I still have your number in my phone. Send me a text while enrt when you have a decent eta. If you are gonna be a little late we can do a short loop and circle back to get you when you arrive.
Pm sent with mine as well
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

We had some good weather today. We had maybe 10 of a very light rain and that was it. Otherwise was relatively cool and overcast.
Did two laps of the red trail w/ a few bonus bits. Rode the short blue trail both clockwise and then counter clockwise. That one tough hillclimb with the rock ledges is getting nastier. Lots more big rock jumble at the bottom, tough to get any momentum for a good run.

Stretchride did take a little spill on a downhill section. A rock got him pretty good. I couldn't believe he finished the riding with us. When I saw him leg at the end of the day I was shocked. I could see way too much of the inside of his leg. We patched him up a little before he drove home, but I know he went to the hospital for some stitches.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
davej
DAMN Expert

Post by davej »

yeah man, that gash was nasty. The Cove is punishing. I took a digger just trying to dismount on that hill!

Ken, hope you are all patched up, let me know if you want to ride where there are no rocks (u too phil et al)
stretchride
DAMN Expert

Post by stretchride »

Thanks for the fun day guys (Phil, Dave, Andrew), in spite of the banged up shin I had a good time. Had some overheating issues with the bike, and Dave I think you're right - running too lean is not helping.
I guess it was riding the Blue backwards where I fell, it was a long downhill river of rocks and I think I was trying to slow way down for that steeper part I think is here:
when the front end washed out and I went down on the right. Those pics are from when we rode up. Not sure how I took such a hard shin hit what with the boots, pants, kneepads, but I think the kneepad may have shifted. Phil I think you're right, wearing them under the pants may have helped.
Anyway, hurt a lot, had to sit for 5, but I never really looked at it. Leg was sore but rode a few more hours till load up time when I realized there was a lot of blood.
The guys got me loaded up and on the way and I wound up stopping at Frederick Memorial for a good cleanout and 7 stitches. Back of my leg, especially where calf meets the back of my knee has been really sore/stiff but better each day, hopefully just sprained.
I'll spare you guys leg pics, you all have had much worse I'm sure!
davej wrote:Ken, hope you are all patched up, let me know if you want to ride where there are no rocks (u too phil et al)
Thanks Dave, sounds good - first time at the Cove I punched a radiator, now this, yes - I'd be up for a rock free zone for sure