I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Green Marble Enduro, 8/10

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Green Marble Enduro, 8/10

Post by Bucho »

Just putting this up in case anyone else was interested. SkinnyJ and I were going to do it.
I did this one two years ago and enjoyed it. This one isnt closed course. A tagged bike is needed.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Green Marble Enduro, 8/10

Post by J&J »

Great event, Jacob & I will be there working. I suggest going up Saturday & camping. Great fun Saturday night & free access to the pool.

Here is the flyer; http://www.nvtr.org/greenmarble/Enduro/ ... R_2014.pdf
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

Thanks for posting I been a slacker.

The Three Springs Enduro for 2014 will be the best yet! Green Marble Enduro Riders haven't stop finding and cutting new trail.

GMER is solely in charge of Tech Inspections.

We have plenty of great parking, thanks to the Town of Three Springs we have 10 "Reserved" Spots for big rigs at the Pool house and two large freshly mowed level fields that border Three Springs Creek,
please call 443-790-8110 or email harescrambles@comcast.net if you want to reserve a spot. Plenty of room for everyone Big Rigs want to reserve a spot.

Everything in close walking distance, camping, sign up, pool, food, gas everything in one town that is less than a half mile long.

Fresh water easily accessible 24hrs for filling RVs etc

The pool house (pool, showers, bathroom) open until 7pm Saturday night with Adult Swim @ 10 pm --until??? A huge thanks again to the Town of Three Springs for their time and efforts! Also Open Sunday, $3.00 a quick shower or swim after the enduro

Two new virgin point taking sections in addition to all the great stuff from last year.

The Club Grill, as seen in picture (not actual size), besides all the other great food all weekend long, come hungry.

Come early on Saturday and enjoy the area, Raytown Lake, East Broad Top Railroad, The Trolly Museum, Swigart Automobile Museum, Horseshoe Curve all within an hours drive.

Lodging

Iron Rail Bed & Breakfast Rockhill PA (814) 447-3984 this is 6 miles away from the start, they are reasonably price and have private rooms

The Doctors' Inn Orbisonia PA (814) 477-9540 basically the same town this is 7 miles away

Rockhill Cottage B & B Rockhill PA (814) 447-3147 same deal, nice clean rooms, super friendly people

(Besides the Downs I know nothing about these motels, you're on your own)
Comfort Inn, Huntingdon Huntingdon (814) 643-1600 www.choicehotels.com

Downe's Motel No. 2 Fort Littleton (717) 987-3116

Event Date: 8/11/13
Drawing Date: 8/2/13

Start Location:
Three Springs VFD
8418 Ashman Street
Three Springs, PA 17264

Keytime: 8AM

Saturday sign-up at the Fire Hall 3p-8p
Sunday sign-up at the Fire Hall 6a-8a

Sunday Spaghetti Dinner 5p-8p at the Fire Hall - $5 minimum donation, all proceeds benefit the Three Springs VFD.

Please join us for this event, we have been working all spring extending our existing trail, adding a whole new section, and securing a new starting location right in the center of town. With the new starting location, and new property, we have been able to remove about 5 miles of road and add MORE TRAIL!!

Join us for a full weekend, the motocross track will be open for practice on Saturday, see www.rocketraceway.com for hours, rates, and directions. After riding motos at Rocket stop by and cool off at the Three Springs Community pool, which is open daily until 7p or possibly later. The pool is a short walk from the main camping area.

The Three Springs mini mart will be stocked with gas, ice, water, and some good soft serve ice cream as well. The fire department will be catering an all you can eat buffet which will include, salad, spaghetti, bread, iced tea, and lemonade.

This will be a spectator friendly event with up to 6 available spectator spots including the fording through the Sidling Hill Creek!!

This will be an EASY Dual Sport, $35. in dual sport class to ride all day on nice trail, dual sport class starts behind all other classes so zero pressure.

For Real the enduro in C class would be about the same thing and a little more fun and the added bonus of a trophy or even money.

We are running a timekeeping format but that doesnt mean you need to keep time to have fun. I will repeat you DO NOT need to keep time or have a watch, odometer or even understand ANYTHING about keeping time for enduros to have a very fun day of trail at the Green Marble Enduro.

Now if you want to keep time great, its another level that just adds to the fun, it can be as simple as a watch and odometer or buy a fancy $400. computer and learn how to program it. If you want some help email me.

But for the average first enduro guy just come out and ride. Its as simple as this, when you sign up you get a number, that number is how many minutes your row of 4 or 5 guys are AFTER the first row.

" Key Time" is the basic start time, its usually at 8:00am say you and a friend signed up at the same time and said you wanted to ride together, they will give you guys a number for a row with 2 empty spots (same for 3 or 4 and so on), lets say # 56A and #56B that means your guys row will leave at 8:56am or 56 minutes after key time of 8am. get to the line 10 minutes before. Everybody takes off in waves or 4 or 5 one minute apart with the fast guys near the front and slow guys in the rear.

The guys on the row behind you will have #57s ( 57A, 57B, 57C, 57D, 57E) the ones in front #55. From that point just keep the #55 guys in front (except the really slow ones), and the #57s behind you, you will get the feel real quick, but if your not a Fast Fast guy you will not have to worry about going too fast in sections, just take it normal going down the roads and haul ass in the woods, take breaks when you see everybody else taking a break, and if they are all numbers in the #70s and #80s and you dont see any #50s around you behind. THATS IT!!

At least for the first few enduros ride them to enjoy the trail, if you really enjoy it, it might surprise you with a trophy, but just to ride the ride is a win.

A way cool thing about enduros is that nobody is racing each other so EVERYBODY lets you pass easily, just a hoot or holler or an engine rev and they will get over at the first safe spot. Same goes for people passing you, if you hear a guy or guys coming up from behind, next safe spot you get a chance pull over and they wont do some bitch take out move.
Throughout the day there are many rest times where the rows regroup so you ride around the same guys all day, be nice to them and they will be nice to you, for the most part its a gentlemens sport.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Hare is totally right. You really dont have to keep time or anything.
My odometer/computer thingee is broken so I just dont bother. I have a great time just treating it like a "competitive trail ride". I just ride my own pace and enjoy the great sections other people worked hard to make.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

Yes indeed I forgot to mention that we NEED HELP too.

Its fun, easy and you get a full dose of motorcycles for the weekend. if you can write a two digit number in a box then you are fully qualified to help on a check crew.
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

This is an awesome set of trails the GMER people have put together. A little bit of everything, except not much in the way of rock gardens. It broke my heart when I missed the last work day because of, well, work. The new sections are prime.
I'm so hoping that I don't get deployed again before next weekend.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Looking forward to Sunday, have not been on 2-wheeled dirt in almost a month so I need a fix bad!! :thumbup:

With needing a tag, the WR will have to get the nod; hope it wants to start as it hasn't seen any action since the Sandy Lane back in March...
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Im starting to get pretty excited about this.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

DAMN right!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
jgreene
DAMN Expert

Post by jgreene »

Congrats. It was a tough one. Thanks for coming out to support GMER.
Member R&T Club, and GMER