I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Sat. 20th Dirt/Gravel Road Fredneck Area Excursion

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
code
DAMN Poohba

Sat. 20th Dirt/Gravel Road Fredneck Area Excursion

Post by code »

Alright folks....bare with me, I've got a bunch of gravel roads that I'm linking together for a ride for Sat. (seemed like the better out of the two according to the forcast. Of course, if it's cold and raining we'll probably move it to another weekend).
Will post the meet spot and rough guestimate of how long the ride will be wed/thurs.

This will be a ride at a relatively easy pace (good for newbies), as we're passing through a lot of farmland and I don't want anyone pissed. Also, I'm not the fastest gravel rider on my wee. As mentioned before, we'll wait til spring for any ford crossings, so don't worry bout getting wet.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Sat. 20th Dirt/Gravel Road Fredneck Area Excursion

Post by Bucho »

Allright New Guy way to step up!

I know I was the one egging you on to lead/start a ride. Please don't be offended if I don't show. My job requires me to work weekends for half the year.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr »

Ok i will be there just have to pick a spot to meet at.I may have 1 or two others coming if they are not working.
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

I get home from work on Saturday, in the 1 ina 1,000,000 chance that I get home in time to meet I will be there. Otherwise I will catch the next one.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I'm out :wallbash:

The KLR is having surgery and the KTM has aggressive knobbies on it and makes a lousy road bike. :foul:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

my ktm 990 has the roadmasters street tires on it... So its not soupy out I might be game...
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

Alright folks....got the route and seriously, this is my first time hitting some of these roads (be warned now), but a lot of them I've been on before. I tried my best to include as many of the known dirt / gravel roads into the mix, however, you're gonna have a few paved spots along the way to bridge them together (obviously). Beginner pace...so any other newbies checkin' out the site...this is your chance to hook up and meet some of the characters on this forum. :pimp:

Rather than limiting ourselves to the frederick area, I figured we'd start at the parkn'ride off of rt.26/liberty road and rt.97 Here's the link... http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&g ... iwloc=addr>

Total ride is roughly 163 miles round trip. Sry folks, I don't go out anymore unless I'm doing at least 150. We're going to get a group picture along the way to post up on ADV (bring a bag to put over your face if you don't wanna be recognized, you're gonna be in the pic regardless to represent D.A.M.N :thumbup: ). We'll take a stop out inbetween the fredneck / thurmont area if anyone wants lunch, etc.

Tanks filled and meet at the park n' ride at 9:30 a.m. If the weather is iffy, check here before heading out. I'll post whether we're a go or not no later then 8 a.m.

Ken, if ya wanna meet up with us for lunch you're more then welcome. If ya send me your number I can call you when we're getting close to stopping.
Bucho wrote:Allright New Guy way to step up!

I know I was the one egging you on to lead/start a ride. Please don't be offended if I don't show. My job requires me to work weekends for half the year.
:dirtdog: Talk a nice talk. Come on whippin' boy....take the day off :whip: :lol2: Thanks for the kudos though. :thumbup:
:roost: ~Joe
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

What is this "beginner's pace" of which you speak? :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

:roost: :whoop: :roost: :whoop: :roost: :whoop:

:rickey:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
DCL
DAMN n00b

Post by DCL »

Picture? I knew I should have asked for paper instead of plastic. Oh well...Its not that often someone wants my picture.

I'll be there weather and wife permitting.

Drew
Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder »

Mr. Code has called me out of my self-imposed, never-ending cycle of exile/hiatus/rehab. This coincides with an ultimatum from the home-front to get the hell out of the house. Let me know if you'd like another...