I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Michaux/SPER enduro 9/7

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
thetable
DAMN Expert

Re: Michaux/SPER enduro 9/7

Post by thetable »

Bucho wrote:I think we all had a pretty good time today. Phoo, Firebolter, and myself were all on a row together. Sam got there before us and was a couple rows ahead.
You guys passed me repeatedly (blue/yellow WATR jersey) before I DNFed, hope I didn't hold y'all up too much.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

thetable wrote: You guys passed me repeatedly (blue/yellow WATR jersey) before I DNFed, hope I didn't hold y'all up too much.

I wish you would have said "Hi" and introduced yourself.
Honestly I was just happy to pass someone so no worries at all.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

thetable wrote:
Bucho wrote:I think we all had a pretty good time today. Phoo, Firebolter, and myself were all on a row together. Sam got there before us and was a couple rows ahead.
You guys passed me repeatedly (blue/yellow WATR jersey) before I DNFed, hope I didn't hold y'all up too much.

I wondered who the WATR guy was! No you were fine. All day people rode well and let folks go by (including me) when they were behind them. Had a good time, considering I haven't raced in 2 years! Don't even feel bad this morning!
Lots of cool bikes---
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I don't mind admitting I'm sore this morning. I'm curious what tomorrow's going to be like. But it was good, and lots of fun. I don't know if I'll be able to do R&T Charity Ride this weekend, though, because I blew out my left fork seal yesterday. Not sure how or why, but I guess it just got angry bouncing off some of those rocks.

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

Bucho wrote: I wish you would have said "Hi" and introduced yourself.
Yeah, I kind of suck at that.
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

And I'd gladly trade my crunched radiator and guard for a leaky seal. Might be worth calling Allen at DSA, at one point, he had a pretty decent selection of seals in stock.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I'm jealous all around. I'm just getting to feeling better today (no raging headaches finally). Don't ignore the signs of approaching heat exhaustion!
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

thetable wrote:And I'd gladly trade my crunched radiator and guard for a leaky seal. Might be worth calling Allen at DSA, at one point, he had a pretty decent selection of seals in stock.
He's who did the work on the forks and shock for me last year. It really made a difference. But for just replacing the seal, I'll bring it to a local shop rather than pay to ship it two ways and wait for transit.

My KTM has USD forks, so I bring them to someone else. I do conventional forks no problem, but USD are supposed to require special tools and I find them scary.

Thanks,

~Patrick
1975 Harley FXE1200
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

I forget, not everybody works 10 minutes from DSA. I'm assuming you've pulled the dust seals and gone around a few time with some film to make sure it's not just something caught in there.

USD forks scare me too. Once in a while, I'll pull out a service manual, read through the procedure, then call Allen to see when he can fit me in.
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Good idea. I do have seal savers so that's probably not it, but it certainly could be something caught in there and it's worth checking.

Thanks,

Patrick
1975 Harley FXE1200