I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Michaux/SPER enduro 9/7

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Michaux/SPER enduro 9/7

Post by Bucho »

I was planning on doing this one. So far my schedule looks good for it.

I did this one last year and enjoyed it. It is completely a closed course event. So no tags needed. The lunchstop brings you back to your truck so thats kind of nice.

Anyway, its a goodtime. I hope Sam, Phoo, and stretchride come out again this year for it.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Re: Michaux/SPER enduro 9/7

Post by anotherguy »

What/who's card do I need to ride? AMA other?
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

anotherguy wrote:What/who's card do I need to ride? AMA other?
AMA. You can sign up for it the day of. Though its almost a month out. You could do it online and probably have your cwrd by then.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I have so much going around that date I don't know if I can do it, including being gone for all of Labor Day weekend to a motorcycle thing / friend's wedding (sans wife and kids). I need to figure out what I want to keep and what I need to cut. I definitely enjoyed Michaux Enduro last year.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Bucho wrote:
anotherguy wrote:What/who's card do I need to ride? AMA other?
AMA. You can sign up for it the day of. Though its almost a month out. You could do it online and probably have your cwrd by then.
You will also need an ECEA card but they are free. You can take the test at sign-up else go on the ECEA site and print it out and do it in advance and just bring it with you so it is a little less stressful.

I will have to miss this one as I will be riding street bikes in the Georgia mountains that weekend but I wish every one a fun and safe ride!
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

Test? I gotta check this out. :roost:
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I should be out for this one and will be showing up the morning of to get on the furthest row back that I can. I get mental when racing (I tense up and do stupid stuff I never do while just riding) and hope that taking baby steps (like starting at the back) will help me learn to relax...
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Marylander wrote:I should be out for this one and will be showing up the morning of to get on the furthest row back that I can. I get mental when racing (I tense up and do stupid stuff I never do while just riding) and hope that taking baby steps (like starting at the back) will help me learn to relax...

J and I were on the last row at the Green Marble. It was pretty cool. I liked that.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
stretchride
DAMN Expert

Post by stretchride »

Bucho wrote:Anyway, its a goodtime. I hope Sam, Phoo, and stretchride come out again this year for it.
"Good time" is an understatement for me. I'd have to call last year "epic" :thumbup: I had a great time, this was pretty much my first "real" enduro. I arrived late amid smoking truck brakes even after Hare and others warned about getting there early to have plenty of time to get set. It was a big rush, I think I missed the line I was supposed to be on but got hooked up with Sam and others on one of the last lines, which as several have said, was great. Guess we're all fighting for the last line this year haha :bandit:
The riding was a blast, I was worried at first about getting in the way of faster riders/real racers, but it was never really an issue. Varied terrain with great scenery, treated it more like a trail ride than "race." Big sense of accomplishment for me in finishing, hope to improve this year. I think I owe Phoo a couple Yuenglings :cheers:
Assuming I don't do anything stupid at the Michaux DS, I should be IN...
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

This stuff always fall on the weekends I'm not available...Can't make the Shade clean-up either. Hope you all have fun.
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r