I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

American Supercamp

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

American Supercamp

Post by Skinny-J »

https://www.americansupercamp.com/

I have wanted to do this for a few years now but the cost and time have always kept me on a leash. This time I am gonna pull the trigger and I already have Boosthud on board as well. I have heard great things about this class and believe it will be a lot of fun sliding the little 125's around and hope this translates into faster cornering on the trail. If anyone else is interested, with enough people I would approach Danny about the possibility of a DAMN riders discount. However, as it stands right now, we will at least get the early-bird discount of $100 off the full price.

SJ
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Re: American Supercamp

Post by BillyGoat »

I believe that you'll find it is very professionally run, yet fun and is worth every penny! I did it years ago and made me a better rider.
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

he has had a lot of DAMN Riders there. I've been twice. I'd love to go again someday. Last time I went we put together a group and got a big discount. Email Danny and ask and remind him you are with the DAMN Riders.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

you got my interest! What kind of prices?
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

The OFG needs all the help he can get on learning to ride so is interested.

There isn't much info on the web site on what is being taught???

My question/concern is that a few years ago I was following an unnamed graduate of this class for about 10 miles of the gravelly dirt roads that are common on the Shenandoah 500 and his cornering speed was even slower than the OFGs AND he crashed and/or ran off the road several times. He seemed to be using sort of a "flat track" technique - "no front brake, lots of lean and power, etc." and when I asked him about it after one of the crashes he said he was using the cornering technique he learned at the "American Supercamp" ??? :shrug:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

ya ... Sam ... consider the source. After going to the class, I walked away from the DAMN cluster on a gravelly downhill section of the S500. As many here will attest, a most unusual turn of events :harhar:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

You've got guys who can go to a class every weekend and never "get it" while other guys who never go to a class or learn any "correct" technique do "get it". Some can ride pretty (visually correct technique) but suck and crash a lot even going slow. Others can ride "ugly" and rip, with great balance. I'm somewhere in the middle but at least try to apply decent technique and go reasonably fast (although I try to fall down less and less the older I get which means going a bit slower than I used to).

I'd like to do this one at some point but probably not this year. Shoot, I've still got a lot of work to do with what I learned at Dirtwise... I haven't gotten out just to ride enough this year.
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

Whatever you do do not forget the Advil. Those who've been know what i mean.
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Kyler wrote:ya ... Sam ... consider the source. After going to the class, I walked away from the DAMN cluster on a gravelly downhill section of the S500. As many here will attest, a most unusual turn of events :harhar:
But 3 wheeled vehicles have the advantage in those flat turns :lol2:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

BigBird wrote:But 3 wheeled vehicles have the advantage in those flat turns :lol2:
:rayof:
Ken