I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Taylorsville Trials Sunday 9/21

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Taylorsville Trials Sunday 9/21

Post by Rut Row »

Anyone going? I need a babysitter. This will be my first event and other than dabbing and falling over, have no idea what to do or how an event is run.

edit:

here's the info
Mid-Atlantic Trials, LLC
Presents
Mid-Atlantic Trials Series Points Event #9
Sunday, September 21
Start time: Noon
Gate Fee: $5.00 per vehicle
Sign-up Fee: $20.00
Sign-up Fee for Families: First member $20.00, Other members $10.00.

Instead of feeding everyone after the event, we will have 25th anniversary T shirts for class winners and others.

Four loops with eight technical sections.

Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Re: Taylorsville Trials Sunday 9/21

Post by anotherguy »

You should definitely try motocross. The Vet nationals are coming up Oct 11. It'd be awesome to show up for a national complete newb. I'll go if you do. :pyndn:

And I'll race my YZ465 with drum brakes. :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

anotherguy wrote:You should definitely try motocross. The Vet nationals are coming up Oct 11. It'd be awesome to show up for a national complete newb. I'll go if you do. :pyndn:
I don't think I have enough medical or life insurance for that :barf:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Stinson
DAMN Expert

Post by Stinson »

I would like to make this. I guess at a minimum I might be able to come as a spectator. This event is about 10min from my parents house, maybe I can get my parents to watch the kid for a few hrs.

I will report back with my plans.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Stinson wrote:I would like to make this. I guess at a minimum I might be able to come as a spectator. This event is about 10min from my parents house, maybe I can get my parents to watch the kid for a few hrs.

I will report back with my plans.

Please take some pics of Ken.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

I went boppin' around Tasker's on the Sherco today. My fork seal job is holding up, so I put on some fresh, front brake pads. My rim repair didn't hold up, so I put in a tube.
My ankle hardware didn't hold up, but I'm going to go maximum dosage on ibuprofen and show up anyway.
Here's hoping the bike and I both make it through the day.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Kitchen pass approved and gathering up a buddy, heading that direction....sounds like a fun event.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Boom Boom wrote:Kitchen pass approved and gathering up a buddy, heading that direction....sounds like a fun event.
SWEET! will look for you there. Take pity and give me a few basic pointers on how the event runs. I'll get there around 11.
Ken
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

I wish I could go but i am moving my brother in law out today and I have been waiting for this moment for over 16 months!!!!!
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

wow, what a workout and that was just from walking the sections!

My first section I got a 3. DAMNed good thing you can paddle walk the bike a long way before getting back on the pegs :harhar:

Then I got 5s on the next 4 sections. The first one for stopping. The second one for stopping after stalling out. The next one for falling over (but I got style points from the spotter for my getoff) and the last 5 was for launching the bike up a hill. I guess when it came to a rest upsidedown that qualifies as a stop! :jack:

At that point the forks were tweaked badly, the front fender broken and the carb badly flooded. I was totally wasted too. I pushed the bike back to the truck and watched sweat pour out of the helmet when I took it off.

So here I was an hour into a 4-hour event, totally wasted, busted bike (not badly fortunately -- the forks straightened out real easy) and I hadn't even completed the first loop. I sat down to drink water and never got back up. :boohoo:

Here's a short clip of what was probably the easiest section there ... but after where I gave up. :lol2:

[youtube][/youtube]

so, now I know what to work on and hopefully I can do better at the next event -- hope to do the Tri State Trialers @ DuPont Trial Grounds on 10/26. Might be able to squeeze in MAT New Windsor Trial on Oct 5th.
Ken