I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Taylorsville Trials Sunday 9/21

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
thetable
DAMN Expert

Re: Taylorsville Trials Sunday 9/21

Post by thetable »

I guess my high score needs an asterisk then: *most points without DNFing.
I had a great time, learned a lot about what my bike can do, even with my lack of skills. I'll definitely be back for more.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

I was happy to help you guys with gathering points...
Had a fun time working section 6 today.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

THANK YOU! Your working was much appreciated.
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

Is there a class for off road bikes other than trials bikes?
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

I'd come out and check out an event before committing to try to ride it on something more than a trials bike. I wouldn't even think about riding my orange on most of the sections. If not just the weight or the clearance to give the bike some body English, but most of the turns there just isn't enough room to maneuver an enduro.
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

adventure [ad-ven-cher}
noun
an exciting or very unusual experience.
participation in exciting undertakings or enterprises:
the spirit of adventure.
a bold, usually risky undertaking; hazardous action of uncertain outcome.

I'd say number 3 fits well. So is there a class I can ride my YZ465 in? :dirtdog:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

The club need to advertise they offer a "enduro" class. The Dabbers offered a enduro class at the last D-6 trials and had a half dozen guys ride it. Most clubs (land owners) don't want to include a enduro class because most of the bikes are running knob tires and just chew the crap out of the property. At one time I think Moto Junkie mentioned a enduro bike class was being offered at the DE vintage event but a trials tire was mandatory.
When they do offer the class it will be running the 4 (vintage) or beginner (modern) line just because the upper classes have turns a enduro bike will never make. That said after the event yesterday I was having fun running my X-ride thru the 2 line cleaning it.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

Oh I'll toss on a set of Michelin trials tires,soften up the boingers and run a 50 tooth rear sprocket. I've been riding tight stuff with The Beast for a couple decades. It'll be fun. After looking at the site there's a few classes I could do. From Kyler's video I'd probably run line 4 the first time out. You'd be surprised what an experienced and determined lunatic can do with a big bike. :pyndn:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

anotherguy wrote:Oh I'll toss on a set of Michelin trials tires,soften up the boingers and run a 50 tooth rear sprocket. I've been riding tight stuff with The Beast for a couple decades. It'll be fun. After looking at the site there's a few classes I could do. From Kyler's video I'd probably run line 4 the first time out. You'd be surprised what an experienced and determined lunatic can do with a big bike. :pyndn:
Sounds like you need to make a trip to the farm and ride my sections then use the enduro loop to connect them.
I was surprised how much fun riding the sections was with the X-ride, makes you think even more about how to set up to make the turns...trees are needed at times to bump off of to tighten things up a little.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Kudos to Ken and "thetable" for giving it a go! :thumbup:
Bruce