I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

RORR Dual Sport 2014 - Sunday Oct 12

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: RORR Dual Sport 2014 - Sunday Oct 12

Post by Rut Row »

phoo wrote:Had a great time today. Sam was there, but rode with his r&t buddies because we aren't cool enough for him anymore.
Sam only rides with pretty girls or hotshot riders. He's definitely gotten uppity, hasn't he? :doh:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

What was the sign up fee?
Still $45?
IMHO the RORR crew offers a fun day for not much coin.
A few years back they didn't even get 100 riders.
Glad to see RORR getting such a great turnout.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Kyler wrote:
phoo wrote:Had a great time today. Sam was there, but rode with his r&t buddies because we aren't cool enough for him anymore.
Sam only rides with pretty girls or hotshot riders. He's definitely gotten uppity, hasn't he? :doh:
I DEFINATELY prefer riding with the BABES :loveit:

BUT I rode with the R&T guys because UNLIKE Skinny J and phoo who are WAY too fast for the OFG
I can pretty much keep up with at least some of the R&T crew.

Boom Boom - on the afternoon Option loop (the one I did twice last year by mistake) that goes by someone's cabin - the folks at the cabin were handing out FREE BEER - BUT he said me and the 2 R&T guys that did the option with me (most of them skipped it) were the ONLY folks that took him up on the beer offer :shrug:
He said the other folks (like Skinny-J and Phoo ?) were in too much of a hurry to stop for a Beer :shrug:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
stretchride
DAMN Expert

Post by stretchride »

Sorry I missed this one. Sam's no fool :cheers:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Kyler wrote:
Skinny-J wrote:What's a Montesa?
Talk about "bear on a bicycle", that looks like a Honda Trail 70 with Lurch sitting on it...
Last edited by Skinny-J on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

phoo wrote: I really like this event, and the first two options after lunch (which was included with admission and was two burgers or pulled pork and delicious) were really fun and one of the reasons why I am doing this dirt thing.

Thanks,

Patrick
+100

Great riding with Phoo all day and trying to keep him in sight.

Compulsory proof of life shot:

Besides the first 2 options after lunch, my other favorite part of the day is always the big hill climb on the old Tower City property; the pic doesn't even come close to doing it justice.

Can't wait til next year.

SJ
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Skinny-J wrote:Talk about "bear on a bicycle", that looks like a Honda Trail 70 with Lurch sitting on it...
:killingme:

that sums it up pretty good! :thumbup:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Skinny-J wrote: Besides the first 2 options after lunch, my other favorite part of the day is always the big hill climb on the old Tower City property; the pic doesn't even come close to doing it justice.

judging by the angle of the folks standing, that qualifies as a DAMN b*tch! :knary:
Ken
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

BigBird wrote:
Kyler wrote:
I DEFINATELY prefer riding with the BABES :loveit:

BUT I rode with the R&T guys because UNLIKE Skinny J and phoo who are WAY too fast for the OFG
I can pretty much keep up with at least some of the R&T crew.

Boom Boom - on the afternoon Option loop (the one I did twice last year by mistake) that goes by someone's cabin - the folks at the cabin were handing out FREE BEER - BUT he said me and the 2 R&T guys that did the option with me (most of them skipped it) were the ONLY folks that took him up on the beer offer :shrug:
He said the other folks (like Skinny-J and Phoo ?) were in too much of a hurry to stop for a Beer :shrug:

Free beer.....that explains the big turn out :cheers:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I could not agree more and I don’t understand the falling numbers either; it is very sad. I have found that no matter what type, model or brand bike you are riding, the fun is directly proportional to who you are doing it with. I look around at all these dual-sport events and it is a bunch of old fuks our age; and we are only getting older.
How true Jay. Falling numbers, seen it all my "dirt bike" riding career. People buy a bike because of friends or to re-live that fun they had as a younger person riding. They ride for a while and loose interest because:

1. they have other competing time consuming interest or hobbies they love more
2. they get hurt and just loose interest after healing or are pressured to quit so they don't loose their income ability
3. Spouse influence makes it hard for them to ride enough to keep the passion alive
4. Kids come and money becomes a premium, so they sell off and commit to the fam

One thing I have done all my life is ride some form of MC. The only time I didn't have a dirt bike was when I was stationed in Japan, but I had a litre bike! Personally, if it weren't for dirt bikes, I would have gone batshit crazy by now, for me, it is my salvation. And you are 100% on point Jay, without the friends you ride with, it is not as fun or special. Best times of my life are memories of trips and rides with buds, those are priceless. Had one Saturday riding with friends at a special place with a bunch of good guys. I live for those types of days! :rayof:
Lots of cool bikes---