I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Hammer Run 2014

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Hammer Run 2014

Post by Rut Row »

another reason why I don't wheelie ... :nono:

but a sad end to a nice bike :fitz:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Was he the person who took the helicopter ride?
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

It was good to meet thetable. The FREE Yuengling on draft and the huge bon-fire are always a Hammer Run favorite. :cheers: Riding with Phoo and Wingfixer was a blast. My highlight of the day was when Wingfixer got caught behind a slow rider going around the side of a HUGE puddle when Phoo came up on them too hot and was "forced" to blast through the middle of the puddle; you know what happened as a result. :killingme: My second lasting memory will be when Wingfixer tried to roost me and instead cleaned all the teeth off his front countersprocket; you should know better than to try and roost Skinny-J :nono:

All in all a fabulous weekend with some great DAMN riders!

SJ
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Skinny-J wrote:It was good to meet thetable. The FREE Yuengling on draft and the huge bon-fire are always a Hammer Run favorite. :cheers: Riding with Phoo and Wingfixer was a blast. My highlight of the day was when Wingfixer got caught behind a slow rider going around the side of a HUGE puddle when Phoo came up on them too hot and was "forced" to blast through the middle of the puddle; you know what happened as a result. :killingme: My second lasting memory will be when Wingfixer tried to roost me and instead cleaned all the teeth off his front countersprocket; you should know better than to try and roost Skinny-J :nono:

All in all a fabulous weekend with some great DAMN riders!

SJ
:lol2: :harhar: :poser: :killingme:

now THAT is fine DAMR Rider style! I wish I could have been there.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Shame seeing a bike with that much damage and a hurt rider but I am willing to bet that didn't happen on the trail.
Dipshits that can't act civilized in the public eye make us all look bad. Not to kick a guy when he is down but I hope if that was a street accident they throw the book at him and make an example for others to see the price to be paid.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

From what I was told, multiple sources, different groups, 5-20 minutes after the incident:
Dude was showing his ass on the street. Big wheelie, at high speed, on the street, into a telephone pole.

It was just dumb! But there was a fair amount of stupid going around on Sunday. This guy might not have deserved what he got, anymore than some others, but he got it none the less. I could find some empathy for the guy had it happened pretty much anywhere else on the route, but on the pavement, in a populated area, just, no! It happened less than a half mile from the last fuel stop of the day.

I don't know if it's a typical Saturday to Sunday shift in the riders or it was just the rain on Saturday that kept the yahoos away, but overall rider quality definitely went downhill on Sunday. Several times I had decent sized groups of riders go ripping past on the pavement, only to go 1st gear crawling in the woods with no curiosity at all what the sound was behind them.

It was still a great weekend of riding.

Favorite section: the little roller coaster hills, even if I may have misjudged the exits on a few of them.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

thetable wrote:Favorite section: the little roller coaster hills, even if I may have misjudged the exits on a few of them.
those are what I miss the most about the ride
Ken
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

thetable wrote: I don't know if it's a typical Saturday to Sunday shift in the riders or it was just the rain on Saturday that kept the yahoos away, but overall rider quality definitely went downhill on Sunday.
My experience was just the OPPOSIT!

On Saturday I was following Winfixer and Phoo!

BUT on Sunday I was behind Vicki Nielsen all day! MAJOR UPGRADE! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Kyler wrote:
thetable wrote:Favorite section: the little roller coaster hills, even if I may have misjudged the exits on a few of them.
those are what I miss the most about the ride
+10
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

BigBird wrote:BUT on Sunday I was behind Vicki Nielsen all day! MAJOR UPGRADE! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
you are a dirty old man :angel:
Ken