I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Hammer Run 2014

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
thetable
DAMN Expert

Re: Hammer Run 2014

Post by thetable »

Some of us just aren't as smooth or as lucky as an OFG.
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

The Puddle Incident was hilarious. I was catching up when suddenly a giant puddle appeared. It looked like I couldn't stop before hitting it, so I got on the gas, hard. Huge spray of water, and I was laughing before I even got to the other side. Looked behind me and saw Jay laughing, and laughed even harder.

Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

phoo wrote:The Puddle Incident was hilarious. I was catching up when suddenly a giant puddle appeared. It looked like I couldn't stop before hitting it, so I got on the gas, hard. Huge spray of water, and I was laughing before I even got to the other side. Looked behind me and saw Jay laughing, and laughed even harder.
So it is Jay's fault we have no video? :dirtdog:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

Kyler wrote:So it is Jay's fault we have no video? :dirtdog:
Blame Tri-County, they said no video or pictures of the trail.
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

phoo wrote:The Puddle Incident was hilarious. I was catching up when suddenly a giant puddle appeared. It looked like I couldn't stop before hitting it, so I got on the gas, hard. Huge spray of water, and I was laughing before I even got to the other side. Looked behind me and saw Jay laughing, and laughed even harder.

Patrick
Made me laugh my ass off reading about it :poser:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

thetable wrote:
Kyler wrote:So it is Jay's fault we have no video? :dirtdog:
Blame Tri-County, they said no video or pictures of the trail.
LOL....I bet plenty of GoPro was being taken.
You have to understand the battle they must face to keep that ride happening every year with all the greenies wanting everything motorized shut down.
Most video ends up on youtube and most shows the roosting in the mud hole....greenies love that stuff to show how we destroy the eco-system.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

The youtube can draw some unwanted attention, and has in the past in the case of the pine barrens. (At least so I've been told by some of the guys from SJER.) I really didn't see too many cameras, yeah, some, but not as many as I expected. The ride would really make some great video to watch, but I'll follow their rules.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Bucho wrote:
Kyler wrote:
thetable wrote:Favorite section: the little roller coaster hills, even if I may have misjudged the exits on a few of them.
those are what I miss the most about the ride
+10
I would gladly trade in 2 to 3 thousand of the whoops for 1 or 2 more of the hills; but then it wouldn't be New Jersey....
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

thetable wrote: And some carnage 20 miles from the end, this dude wheelies into a telephone pole, on the pavement section (I stole the pictures, it happened right behind me):
"My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." - Jeff Spicoli

:shhh:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

I had a blast!! I think this was the first year I managed to complete every mile of both days. There is something in the sand in New Jersey that causes flats...on my bikes. :huh: As for the puddle incident...it was pretty funny, the wave felt like somebody slapping me on the back. Don't you worry Skinny-J, there will be plenty of puddles next year! It was good to get out and ride, double so with some guys I haven't ridden with for a while (a week anyway). I'm already looking forward to next year!

This is the only picture I took: Case de Wingfixer, Phoo, Skinny-J and Godzilla

If you want to know what its like, getcher ass here next year!! :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.