I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Hammer Run 2014

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Re: Hammer Run 2014

Post by phoo »

Are people camping on site or is anyone interested in a hotel room?

I'm going to drop my sign up form in the mail today. They need to arrive before Wednesday so it should have plenty of time.

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

I'm planning to freeze my butt off, camping. As this will be my first Hammer, what's the camping situation like? Is it all field, or will I have access to some trees, as I'd much prefer to sleep in my hammock as opposed to the cold, hard ground.

Is it a mistake to run fresh tires? I have an M59 and S12XC coming. It's that, or whatever half done tires I have sitting in the basement.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

If you get there early enough on Friday you'll get a spot in the treed part. Late comers and big RV's get the field. Swing by the pop-up and I'll have a beer for you. Phoo and I are sharing a spot, with Godzilla. As for tires, it depends on your comfort level. There aren't any rocks!! But, there is a couple sections of deepish sand. :whoop:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote: As for tires, it depends on your comfort level. There aren't any rocks!! But, there is a couple sections of deepish sand. :whoop:
don't forget the swamp-monster mud holes :brows:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Kyler wrote:
Wingfixer wrote: As for tires, it depends on your comfort level. There aren't any rocks!! But, there is a couple sections of deepish sand. :whoop:
don't forget the swamp-monster mud holes :brows:
Most people go around those....Ken. :amazon:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

Last time I rode in Jersey, directions were explicit: if you see water, go around, it might not have a bottom.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

thetable wrote:Last time I rode in Jersey, directions were explicit: if you see water, go around, it might not have a bottom.
:killingme: and there are several where you WON'T see the water until after it is too late. :doh:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Ditto on the water. Sometimes, they are *really* deep. And sometimes, they *were* really deep before someone filled it full of cinder blocks and logs. Not in a malicious way, mind you, but so 4x4s can get through. But on a bike it doesn't matter the intent when you're flat on your ass.

It can be really cold at night, so whether you're in a tent or a hammock, you'll want to make sure that you have something under you to absorb body heat. Before sleeping, they usually have a HUGE bonfire that they feed with logs from a front loader, with a band. Last time, they also had a serve-yourself beer tap on the side of a firetruck. That may be a regular thing.

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Not to worry dude, the pop-up has a furnace! :loveit:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote:Not to worry dude, the pop-up has a furnace! :loveit:

named Patrick :hug:

:poser: :killingme:
Ken