I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

BCTR Blind Enduro - Sunday, November 30

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: BCTR Blind Enduro - Sunday, November 30

Post by Boom Boom »

Feeling DAMN smart for wimping out on this ride.
Last year I spent more time cleaning bike, enclosed trailer and Excursion than I did riding.....didn't see this year being any better.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

Boom Boom wrote:Feeling DAMN smart for wimping out on this ride.
Last year I spent more time cleaning bike, enclosed trailer and Excursion than I did riding.....didn't see this year being any better.
I spent more time cleaning and bitching about cleaning on FB than I did driving there, but the hour meter says I spent more time rolling than cleaning. The truck will get washed when it rains.
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

Last year was rideable, But this was just going for a long walk with a bike between your legs....I haven't done my clean-up yet.
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

I dunno; I had fun. I got to do my first lap with Thetable. It was a little bit of a bottleneck at the start but after that there really wasn’t too many jamb ups. We took a little break at one point and got to watch about half a dozen guys slide out on the turn we were sitting at; it was pretty entertaining.

After the first lap I grabbed a quick bite to eat and saw Big Bird’s car and trailer but didn’t see the man himself before heading out on a second lap. The trail definitely degraded pretty bad between laps as there were a lot more ruts to deal with on the second lap. I saw one guy stuck in a rut so deep that only a little bit of the top of his tires were showing. I think what made my day so much easier was the Rekluse. I just rode a gear higher all day and the clutch magically put the YZ's power into the ground and it just went through every thing...

Was it muddy? Yes. Was it worse than last year? Yes. Did the sign-up fee go to a good cause? Yes. Did BCTR put major effort into the event? Yes. Did I get to ride my dirt bike? Hell yes!! Will I be back next year? Without a doubt... :roost:

SJ
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

I know after the first lap, I really wanted to drop tire pressures, but couldn't find my valve stems.

And I'm ordering a fan for events like this. Running a gear higher definitely helped, but there were still so many places I just couldn't find any traction.
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

I'm glad I wimped out. The bad scenario (to me) leading up to this event is: either freezing or near freezing weather the week before in Southern PA so that the ground is frozen hard and then be in the mid 30s or 40s the day of the event means the ground is frozen underneath with just a thin layer of mud on top...just walking on it you can feel the mud form. Drive 400 bikes over it? Just fuggetaboutit. I hate spending an hour or hour-n-a-half cleaning my bike, and another hour or two on the helmet, gear, clothes, truck, etc in cold weather.
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Skinny-J wrote:I dunno; I had fun.

Was it muddy? Yes. Was it worse than last year? Yes. Did the sign-up fee go to a good cause? Yes. Did BCTR put major effort into the event? Yes. Did I get to ride my dirt bike? Hell yes!! Will I be back next year? Without a doubt... :roost:

SJ
Thanks for the report Jay. Jacob & I did this last year but didn't make this year because we are both injured.... Sounds like the same fun as last year only better :lol2: (the story is always good after the ride is over) We hope to be there next year.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Jeeez, that looks worse than the ride the weekend before at Gunpowder, which is only 15 miles from there! I rode that, spent an hour cleaning my bike afterwards and thats using a power washer!
Lots of cool bikes---
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Firebolter wrote:Jeeez, that looks worse than the ride the weekend before at Gunpowder, which is only 15 miles from there! I rode that, spent an hour cleaning my bike afterwards and thats using a power washer!
GVMC ride was fast, easy and mud and rut free compared to BCTR.

Not exactly sure how long the laps were but everybody I talked to was taking over and hour per!
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

BigBird wrote:
Firebolter wrote:Jeeez, that looks worse than the ride the weekend before at Gunpowder, which is only 15 miles from there! I rode that, spent an hour cleaning my bike afterwards and thats using a power washer!
GVMC ride was fast, easy and mud and rut free compared to BCTR.

Not exactly sure how long the laps were but everybody I talked to was taking over and hour per!
Considering I live less than ½ a mile from the Gunpowder ride you guys are talking about, I am a little disappointed that no one stopped by to say “Hi”. But in light of your disdain for me and the fact that no one bothered to invite me I guess I will have to take you off my X-mas card list….