I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

BCTR Blind Enduro - Sunday, November 30

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: BCTR Blind Enduro - Sunday, November 30

Post by Firebolter »

Skinny-J wrote:
BigBird wrote:
Firebolter wrote:Jeeez, that looks worse than the ride the weekend before at Gunpowder, which is only 15 miles from there! I rode that, spent an hour cleaning my bike afterwards and thats using a power washer!
GVMC ride was fast, easy and mud and rut free compared to BCTR.

Not exactly sure how long the laps were but everybody I talked to was taking over and hour per!
Considering I live less than ½ a mile from the Gunpowder ride you guys are talking about, I am a little disappointed that no one stopped by to say “Hi”. But in light of your disdain for me and the fact that no one bothered to invite me I guess I will have to take you off my X-mas card list….
Dude, that works both ways :kboom: you could have stopped by and said hello to us! Only a few of us made it. Jeff Nelson, me and BigBird (R&T members). R&T was invited by GVMC, so the invite wasn't forwarded. Besides, I am sure your wife wants a bunch of dirty, stinky dirt bike boys stopping by on a Sunday afternoon!
Lots of cool bikes---
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Firebolter wrote:
Skinny-J wrote:
BigBird wrote:
Firebolter wrote:Jeeez, that looks worse than the ride the weekend before at Gunpowder, which is only 15 miles from there! I rode that, spent an hour cleaning my bike afterwards and thats using a power washer!

Not exactly sure how long the laps were but everybody I talked to was taking over and hour per!
Considering I live less than ½ a mile from the Gunpowder ride you guys are talking about, I am a little disappointed that no one stopped by to say “Hi”. But in light of your disdain for me and the fact that no one bothered to invite me I guess I will have to take you off my X-mas card list….
Dude, that works both ways :kboom: you could have stopped by and said hello to us! Only a few of us made it. Jeff Nelson, me and BigBird (R&T members). R&T was invited by GVMC, so the invite wasn't forwarded. Besides, I am sure your wife wants a bunch of dirty, stinky dirt bike boys stopping by on a Sunday afternoon!
Didn’t know about it or I would have stopped by; maybe to say HI but at least to roost ya….

I need to make friends with Cass Lau the guy who owns that property. Its so crazy; I grew up riding there and over the adjoining dozens of farms before they one by one got sold off or shut down. Now I have to drive hours to go ride somewhere but I miss out on riding in my back yard….

You do have a good point about smelly dirt-biker scum coming to my house though; I guess you are back on my X-mas list.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Skinny-J wrote:
Firebolter wrote:
Skinny-J wrote:
BigBird wrote:

Didn’t know about it or I would have stopped by; maybe to say HI but at least to roost ya….

I need to make friends with Cass Lau the guy who owns that property. Its so crazy; I grew up riding there and over the adjoining dozens of farms before they one by one got sold off or shut down. Now I have to drive hours to go ride somewhere but I miss out on riding in my back yard….

You do have a good point about smelly dirt-biker scum coming to my house though; I guess you are back on my X-mas list.
You guys are going to hurt Big Birds feelings talking that way :lol2:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

[/quote] You guys are going to hurt Big Birds feelings talking that way :lol2: [/quote]

YES - Remember it's NOT NICE to Make Fun of OLD PEOPLE :nono:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

GVMC?
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

trialsrider wrote:GVMC?
Gunpowder Valley MC
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

How do I learn something (anything) about the R&T club (what do they have to offer) and the conditions of membership? I'm interested if this is a nice place to ride with my young boys or if it's fun riding and easy to get into/out of.
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I was thinking of joining r&t too. Maybe hitting the Thursday meeting this week if that's happening...
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

R and T Club Info

Post by BigBird »

See Below: I think dues are $75 a year and there is a one time new member charge of maybe $40? but no charge for kids.

You must do 2 work days before being voted on and one of them must be an "adopt a road" which are irregular in the winter months but there is one this Sat. (see below)

Must be present at monthly meeting to submit application and to be voted on at the following meeting (after doing 2 work days). Meetings are held on the first Thursday of each month at the Jefferson Patriotic Club, 300 East Fourth Street, Frederick, MD 21701, from 7:30-9:00pm. (This Jan the meeting will be on the 2nd Thursday.) Meeting is upstairs above the bar room.

They do have some youth events and have some limited access to relatively local private riding areas plus Xmass and other parties and group rides similar to DAMN

Subject: [R and T Club] - Adopt-A-Road Cleanup - Saturday, December 6, 2014,
9:00am

This quarter's road clean-up is scheduled for THIS Saturday, December 6,
2014, at 9:00am. Meet at the red brick church, just north of the railroad
tracks on Mussetter Road, Ijamsville.

Coffee, donuts, comraderie, all the joys of life will be available,
including all the trash you can stuff in a bag and drag along the side of
the road. What's not to like?!
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Taylor
DAMN Expert

Post by Taylor »

thetable wrote:
Taylor wrote:That place is always a mud pit. Hope you all had fun.
It was much work for moments of fun. Jay, you make it out? Me no like mud, or more like, me no like washing mud. Spent more time washing and bitching about washing on FB than I did driving to the event. So there's that.

Joe, your bike looks clean to me.
That's how bad my ride looked the year I went. I'll take rocks any day over mud like that. It's sad to, that place is only 10 min from home for me and for a good cause.
2012 Husky WR 125
2009 Husky TE 310
2001 Harley FLHR