I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

BCTR Blind Enduro - Sunday, November 30

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: BCTR Blind Enduro - Sunday, November 30

Post by J&J »

Good job Sam :thumbup: I was going to post up after dinner & you beat me to it!

Being involved with R&T is a great way to meet other riders, get invites to private rides & other clubs rides, & generally stay aware of dirtbike happenings. Combined with this DAMN site there seems to always be a ride, race, or trials event going on. :roost:
delusion39
DAMN Wanabe

Post by delusion39 »

BillyGoat wrote:How do I learn something (anything) about the R&T club (what do they have to offer) and the conditions of membership? I'm interested if this is a nice place to ride with my young boys or if it's fun riding and easy to get into/out of.
IMO, being part of an organized club is the best way to stay informed, maximize riding opportunities, and help drive a positive image regarding motorcycling. If you care about preserving the sport and are willing to contribute to the efforts required, it goes a long way.

-Shaun
2006 KTM 950 Supermoto
2006 KTM 450 EXC
2007 KTM 300 XC
2013 KTM 990 Adventure Baja

Ex bikes: 1995 Kawasaki KDX 200,2005 Triumph Daytona 650 (R.I.P),2002 Suzuki DRZ 400E, 1998 Honda Interceptor.
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

R&T definitely seems to be the most active club in the area. I recognize more R&T guys put at events than I do my own club (WATR) members. Although in all fairness, several of our most active members carry dual membership.

Hoping to actually make the meeting this month. Been trying to make one for three months now, but between work deployments and WATR events, something always manages to interfere.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Some complementing info to Sam's good answer. There is a club member limit as well. I forget what the cap number is, but not uncommon for folks to have to wait to join. You'll need a R&T member to sponsor you to join. That should be easy as a lot of us are DAMN riders as well. Like Joe, I am a WATR member as well. Lots of riding opportunities throughout the year, especially work days on the GMER Enduro efforts. Good club and is family oriented.
Lots of cool bikes---
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

Thanks for the info...but I still don't know what the R&T is. Is it just an "organizing" group that plans events elsewhere? or does it have a "clubhouse" and grounds where members ride? I don't really know anything about it. can someone tell me? Ive heard rumors that R&T has a place to ride that it owns, is that right? Where is it? What are the limitations to its use (days, times?). If I do do the 2 work days, is there any guarantee there is room in the club for me? if not, how long do applicant typically wait and how many am I in line behind as of today?

I just don't know if I should show up to pick trash on the side of the road when I don't know anything about R&T.
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

I'm pretty sure there is still room for new members. There are some club riding areas although the closest one currently has limited access. You will get voted in as soon as your work days are done. No big deal, an hour or two picking up cans with a bunch of other guys & help out at an event. If you show up at the meeting tomorrow you will find out all you want to know or if you can't make the meeting you can come to the road clean-up & find out about the club there.
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

If you're that worried about doing work days, then perhaps the club isn't for you. The clubs are a chance to give back to the riding community with work days and public relations that can open up and keep open riding areas.

The work days I've been to with R&T guys, you bring a bike.
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

thetable wrote:
The work days I've been to with R&T guys, you bring a bike.
:lol2: sometimes we don't even work :roost:
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I'll be there at the meeting tomorrow if I can (I should be able to). When I belonged to SMDR I remember doing work days like flagging at budds creek (including nationals) and stuff like that. I should've kept my membership there even with living so far away now...
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

I'm interested but can you describe the "...some club riding areas although the closest one currently has limited access". What does this mean? You know, but I don't know. How many, roughly where, how big, what are the limits? (limited riders, limited days per year, limited displacement? what?)
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T