I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Winter ride / southern style

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
drtjumper
DAMN Expert

Re: Winter ride / southern style

Post by drtjumper »

If I don't head down to Highland Park (ktm world) in GA next week I could be down for this.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

drtjumper wrote:If I don't head down to Highland Park (ktm world) in GA next week I could be down for this.
I was planning on making Highland Park the ride location but they have limited on site lodging and this was more about having fun and BS around a campfire then epic single track so I went for Durhamtown.
I have the Sherco importer coming to ride with us and riding at "KTM World / Highland Park" might have caused him to burst into flames :harhar:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
drtjumper
DAMN Expert

Post by drtjumper »

I've never ridden either spot so both are new to me.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Well it looks like Longboardr, Firebolter and myself are the only DAMN riders able to pull off this ride....DAMN shame.
But we do have a crew from western Pa and a bunch from TN along with some of my local crew making the southern run....head count is north of 20 riders.
Weather is to be 50-60 degrees this weekend so you guys enjoy this frozen north while we bust out the sun block :Nanadancing:
Screw what that groundhog said....stud tires are off the bike and spring is around the corner :roost:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Wish I could be along but can't break out right now.

I'll look forward to trip reports from the 3 of you DAMN folks!
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

Y'all have fun. I'm taking a full week for Daytona next month, so didn't feel like I could do this too.
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

68 degrees and full sunshine there Sunday!
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Winter ride / southern style

Post by Firebolter »

Sunny all 3 days. Got into the 60's. on Fri and Sat. Very little MC traffic for the most part, mostly quad's but they have their own tracks and trails, but you do have to ride them to get to the single track. When you do get to the single track, there are 2 sections that really flow and are pretty long. Moose Trail and "Brand New Trail'. That is about 3 hours worth to go ride both. There is other single track like E1/2/3 but they are shorter. Lots of possibility here for growth, that is for sure.
There are at least 6 BIG MX tracks as well. They have a GP course too. So lots of stuff for every type of off roader there is.

This place is huge. They have a pro shop as big as any motorcycle shop with full parts avail for lots of stuff you might need. Gas on site. Gear and boots, tires, repairs etc. they have it all. They have about 14 power washer stations that are a buck for 5 min, that is sweet. They have a restaurant and they rent bikes and quads as well. It was pretty crowded on Sat but Thursday and Friday was basically all ours.

Cabins are rustic. They have a shitter, shower and a heater. Kinda like camping with a toilet! Beds are okay but I'd bring my own bedding or sleeping bag. Sheets were clean but old and who knows what has happened on them!

I would definitely go back for a winter trip. Easy to get to and pretty self contained with everything you need. Trails are fun and flowing. No rocks, no real hills but serious red clay mud!
Last edited by Firebolter on Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Here's some pics. I didn't take many.

The little Angry Bee

This is on the cabin, good advise

This is where all the "real" action took place

When your brakes don't work, might as well eat! Food was good at this place

The view outside the main cabin. A little BMX track. We would build a fire each night, drink beers and BS and watch the young kids who would hang out there try to impress the young girls with their BMX skills. Saw some pretty good face plants :jack:

Lots of cool bikes---
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

I would say Bill summed it up pretty good.
A fun winter get-a-way.
Riding is far from epic and they have potential so make epic single track but the quads and MX folks is who pays the bills so that is what gets the attention. If you are a MX person or just like to play on the track some then this place has over a half dozen tracks to run. I will go back again but only to get a little dirt fix during mid winter. The ability to have a cabin, campfire and good grub plus an impressive parts and bike shop is what puts this place far over others like Brushy where you need to get a hotel after the ride. They do a fine job making you welcome. If you were to go with kids and wanted to get in some serious ride time with them you want to go mid week because the weekend is very busy. HUGE amount of rental bikes and quads also, mostly geared toward the kids.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr