I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Winter ride / southern style

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Winter ride / southern style

Post by Boom Boom »

http://www.durhamtown.com/index.htm

Feb 5-8 I have around a dozen guys making a run for some southern dirt bike adventure.
I just reserved 5 cabins for the group and plenty more still available.
Looks to be a huge area.
Bikes / quads / SxS even available to rent.
Round up a group of riders, make a reservation, join the fun :cheers:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Winter ride / southern style

Post by Bucho »

I checked out the website. Looks like a cool spot to spend a week in the winter.

I wont be able to make it. But I think it might be time to throw up a thread for a spring Hatfield McCoy trip.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

Its a very cool spot, the cabins are nice, good for campers too, rent and ride any kind of bike you want. They didn't have much single track when we went but I am sure there is more now.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Hare wrote:Its a very cool spot, the cabins are nice, good for campers too, rent and ride any kind of bike you want. They didn't have much single track when we went but I am sure there is more now.
Claim to have 40 miles of ST now and 150 miles of quad width....bunch of MX tracks also.
I like the ride from camp factor.
Highland Park has great riding also but very limited on site lodging.
Going more for the get away from the north factor, plenty of hard core riding at home come spring.
Load a crew of Green Marble guys and join us.
I am working on some of the SPER crew now.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

If you find the single track, please gps it if possible. I am planning a week long tour through the South in May and Durhamtown is one of the stops on the list!!

Thanks,
SJ
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I am gonna tie in a visit to a High School squeeze m(as in girl I went to HS with, not a current high schooler you pervs!) and then dart over and see my Daughter and Grand kids. Will only be about 150 miles from my home spot. This is gonna be fun, lots of "riding"! :lol2:
Lots of cool bikes---
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

https://www.barbermuseum.org/

For anyone considering this gathering and want to make a little more out of your drive....Barber Motorsports Museum is not that far west and is worthy of spending a day alone just admiring the motorcycle collection and rich history of what we enjoy. When I was there I had this nice fella come up and talk with me for a good while, he could see I was very much into the collection and looking at past bikes I had owned and ones I wanted to own. Came home and AMA done an nice spread on the museum and the owner. Well that nice fella talking with me was Mr Barber and I had no clue...small world.
Worth checking out the link if you have never been there before.

Bill, if you want to go chase high school girls I will keep your secret :brows:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

I will not be able to make the trip but will throw in a :thumbup: for the Barber Museum. If you are anywhere close it is a don't mis.
I've ridden down twice with my Harley buddies for the Vintage race weekend & the Museum is awesome!
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

Add another one for Barber Museum. Give it at least half a day.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Time to give this a BUMP.
With some coming from western Pa and a crew from TN and the MD / central Pa bunch I think head count is north of 20 riders.
Sad to say but only a couple are DAMN riders.
This not a dual sport event but it will involve campfire, bench racing and beer....I think that makes it a DAMN certified event.
Still time to rent a cabin and grab a couple friends and join the bafoonery.
If Sally Dog was still a regular on here you know what he would be calling all you fair weather riders...."a bunch of DAMN p---ies"
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr