I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Winter ride / southern style

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Winter ride / southern style

Post by Firebolter »

I think we ought to go back, ride the "New Trail" and where it pops out, go right and back to the N/E and blaze a trail to Moose. I bet we would not have to go far. Go strait to find the way, then back track and ribbon a loop to it. We ought to ask them to let us do that. We could name it! We could call it "follow the moose turds" trail as it leads you to Moose!
Lots of cool bikes---
Longboardr
DAMN Expert

Post by Longboardr »

Everything you need to know in 4 pictures :thumbsup:

J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Longboardr wrote:Everything you need to know in 4 pictures :thumbsup:

:fitz:

Just kidding, glad you guys had fun!
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

The plug I will throw to Durhamtown is if you wanted to do a couple days at Bike Week and wanted to get in some dirt fix on the way down or back, they do offer a variety of bikes to rent plus they will store your bike / bike trailer so you could stop on the way south and toss a little dirt and then roll to Florida letting dirt bike and trailer behind.
It is not far off of I-77.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

Boom Boom wrote:The plug I will throw to Durhamtown is if you wanted to do a couple days at Bike Week and wanted to get in some dirt fix on the way down or back, they do offer a variety of bikes to rent plus they will store your bike / bike trailer so you could stop on the way south and toss a little dirt and then roll to Florida letting dirt bike and trailer behind.
Wait, are you saying I'm not supposed to take my dirt bike to bike week? So much for that plan...
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

thetable wrote:
Boom Boom wrote:The plug I will throw to Durhamtown is if you wanted to do a couple days at Bike Week and wanted to get in some dirt fix on the way down or back, they do offer a variety of bikes to rent plus they will store your bike / bike trailer so you could stop on the way south and toss a little dirt and then roll to Florida letting dirt bike and trailer behind.
Wait, are you saying I'm not supposed to take my dirt bike to bike week? So much for that plan...
You do what you want, but unless you are racing or buying a permit to ride at Crooms I am not sure where you plan to ride a dirt bike at in FL. :shrug:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

Boom Boom wrote:
thetable wrote:
You do what you want, but unless you are racing or buying a permit to ride at Crooms I am not sure where you plan to ride a dirt bike at in FL. :shrug:
I think I can find something: http://www.dixiedualsport.com/devilscreek.html I am already paid up on it, hopefully they'll let me ride. And then for the rest of bike week, I'll be acting stupid on one of those silly 17" wheeled dirty bikes.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

thetable wrote:
Boom Boom wrote:
thetable wrote:
I think I can find something: http://www.dixiedualsport.com/devilscreek.html I am already paid up on it, hopefully they'll let me ride. And then for the rest of bike week, I'll be acting stupid on one of those silly 17" wheeled dirty bikes.
Sounds like a fun time :thumbup:
I was close with Crooms, that is outside of Brooksville.
You might need to tone your exhaust down a notch or two for their standards.
Lots of horse ranches in that part of the state, I expect they should be able to offer up some interesting riding.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
drtjumper
DAMN Expert

Post by drtjumper »

I will be back at Croom in a few weeks. Amazing riding there and miles and miles of 2ft deep sand whoops..... It's like heaven. As for the sound issue. It is not an issue my old 450 was stupidly loud and I had zero issues. Alot of my friends ride there every weekend on all different bikes. As long as you pay for your pass they don't care. There are a lot of hidden gems at Croom. Also Joseph you had better tape up your airbox because as of this past weekend alot of the Devils ride route is under impassable water. Apparently the river near it is 5ft higher than it has been in years. Hopefully it will dry out a bit in the next few weeks but just be prepared so you don't swamp it.