I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Hatfield McCoy, spring 2015

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Hatfield McCoy, spring 2015

Post by Bucho »

Is it too early to start planning a trip to Hatfield McCoy?

Im totally content to go to Buffalo Mountain again but Id be happy to check out one of the other areas if the group wills it.

Assuming we do Buffalo Mtn again. Shall we try staying at the hotel in town (where Boom's crew stayed last year)?

Last week in April, first weekend in May?

I like the 4 day plan we did in the past. Drive down early on Thursday and get at least a short ride in. Ride all day Friday and Sat. Drive home Sunday.

Other thoughts and ideas?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Pa_trailrider
DAMN Expert

Re: Hatfield McCoy, spring 2015

Post by Pa_trailrider »

I would like to go again. The trail connector between Rockhouse and Buffalo Mt. is supposed to be done in the spring.
DR 650 DRZ 400 XCW 300
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
I hope & pray my collarbone & Jacob's ACL are healed by then...
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Pa_trailrider wrote:The trail connector between Rockhouse and Buffalo Mt. is supposed to be done in the spring.
That connector is supposedly like 40 miles long. No thanks, I'll just drive the truck over to the other trail head at that point.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Phil,

I have enjoyed all my different trips to H-M and don't want to be thought of as talking anybody out of planning great rides. However, as an alternative, let me suggest this; I am planning a week long tour of southern dirt bike parks for this coming May. I am still working my way through a long list of possibilities but the best of the list is starting to look like Durhamatown and also Moto Mountainin GA, Windrock\Coal Creek or maybe Brimstone and also Westpoint in TN, Red Bird in KY and Brown Mountain and then Brushy Mountain in NC.

With Brushy mountain on the list, this is about the same travel time as to get to H-M (longer miles but same time due to easier access to major highways). For guys that just want a long weekend, we could easily pick Brushy and all rally there along with the guys who have the time for the whole week-long trip.

This is just my selfish attempt to be able to ride with more of my buddies as I don't know if I could pull off 2 major trips in the same month!

Let me know what you think...

SJ
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

BYOB, an ADV thing, is happening in Matewan the last week in June. Three day passes for a $1! I'm planning to drag the pop-up down and it looks like Paul might go as well. Since Skinny-J has some place more important to be :dirtdog: I will have some room in the pop-up. Linky: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1010309

BTW, SallyDog is one of the guys helping to organize this, I think he started a thread on here somewhere.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

ooohhhh ... dissension in the ranks! :killingme:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

I will throw a plug for staying with Bill and Kathy McCoy.
Nice having good grub where you are staying.
Bill has some excess room to store bikes inside over night plus basic tools if repair is needed.
The majority of the best single track is at the lower end of Buffalo and to ride #199 you are headed in the correct direction (south to north).
The negative is to book the rooms you will pay in advance and no refunds...only a future date offered.
Option #2 I like is to stay at the Holiday Exp and just a short trailer you are at the Man trailhead for Rockhouse / Rev Compton trailhead for Buffalo Mountain and Bear Wallow trail system is just a couple miles away.
You have a nice bed at night / good evening eat options all within walking distance / able to drop reservation if plans fall apart.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Timewise the BYOB that sallydog is doing, just doesnt work well for me.

Ill wait to hear some more thoughts from the DAMN group. Maybe we will just have a small group go down and we can rent our own hotel rooms.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I hope I can scrounge up a real dirt bike before spring.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R