I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Sandy Lane Enduro March 15 2015

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Sandy Lane Enduro March 15 2015

Post by Skinny-J »

Found this on another site:
"Sandy Lane is March 15th, eh! The Season Opener and always a great event."

But what is more exciting is this:
"We are returning to private land for the 2015 Lane. Be ready for lots of single track challenges. The course is pretty much set. We'll start and end at the gun club as usual. A separate 2015 thread will be started soon....

That's right Sandy Lane is back! We will be back to our traditional format this year. Will be offering up a high quality enduro as we did in years past using single track trail and no high speed whooped out fire cuts. It was our goal this year to get back to our events that we have put on in the past. Our club officers and trail crew have been working very hard to put this type of event on so we will need all your support to keep putting on these types of events. This years event will be one you will not want to miss. Single track galore! Like Frank said there will soon be a 2015 Sandy Lane Enduro post with a flyer and more details about the upcoming event. So mark your calendars for March 15th! Stay tuned."

Last year the whooped out fire cuts kinda got old so this sounds very promissing!! Get it on your calendar boyz!

SJ
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Sandy Lane Enduro 2015

Post by Bucho »

It has been waaayyyyy to long since Ive done a NJ ride. Id like to make this. However, I do have a friend's wedding to attend the night before. Therefore wont be able to drive out the night before. That makes it a very long drive, out and back in a day.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Sandy Lane Enduro March 15 2015

Post by Firebolter »

So all private property means no plate? If that is true, the 165 will be perfect for this!
Lots of cool bikes---
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: Sandy Lane Enduro 2015

Post by Skinny-J »

Bucho wrote:It has been waaayyyyy to long since Ive done a NJ ride. Id like to make this. However, I do have a friend's wedding to attend the night before. Therefore wont be able to drive out the night before. That makes it a very long drive, out and back in a day.
Don't something like 50% of marriages end in divorce? I would advise you ride your dirt bike instead as that is much more of a sure thing... :peep:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Firebolter wrote:So all private property means no plate? If that is true, the 165 will be perfect for this!
That's a good question. I suspect that you will still need to be plated for the transfer sections but time will tell. :popcorn:
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Great news! I'll hope that the kids' spring break isn't at the same time so I can go.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

is this going to be a one day trip? or are you camping the night before?
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Skinny-J wrote:
Firebolter wrote:So all private property means no plate? If that is true, the 165 will be perfect for this!
That's a good question. I suspect that you will still need to be plated for the transfer sections but time will tell. :popcorn:
I would be up for this if that's the case :lurker:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Junior wrote:is this going to be a one day trip? or are you camping the night before?
If, and that's kinda a big "IF", I make this I'll be bringing the pop-up the night before.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Wingfixer wrote:
Junior wrote:is this going to be a one day trip? or are you camping the night before?
If, and that's kinda a big "IF", I make this I'll be bringing the pop-up the night before.

The average low temp on March 15 in Greenbank NJ is 33; you had better make sure the heater is working in the pop-up this time :salute:

Last year Phoo and I drove up late Saturday night and split a hotel room about 15 minutes from the start; it makes things a lot easier than having to deal with camping for just one night. Alternatively, key time is 8 am so you could just roll from home around 5 am and get to sleep in your own warm bed.....

:shrug: