I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Sandy Lane Enduro March 15 2015

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Longboardr
DAMN Expert

Re: Sandy Lane Enduro March 15 2015

Post by Longboardr »

You'll get to take the ECEA test there. It's open book, don't sweat it.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Junior wrote:
is there a way to ride the event together?
how do you join the ecea? and can you take the test before you get there or do you have to take it there?
what about class ands rows?
If you want to ride on the same minute, make sure you go to the sign up table together and tell them you want to both be on the same minute, else you'll get stuck somewhere on a open minute/slot. You guys probably want to ride C for your first time? Ride a class by either age group or displacement, up to you.

The test is pretty easy,

Here, go study!

http://www.ecea.org/info/eceatest.pdf
Lots of cool bikes---
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

do they have a DD class? I'd ride that! :angel:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

Kyler wrote:do they have a DD class? I'd ride that! :angel:
they do have a "GOLDEN MASTERS" :killingme: :killingme: :poser: :lol2: :harhar: class
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Junior wrote:they do have a "GOLDEN MASTERS" :killingme: :killingme: :poser: :lol2: :harhar: class
Is that for when you get older and can't control your bladder any more?
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Wingfixer wrote:Awesome! I'll split the room with ya!
Wow, I see how it is; your old boyfriend comes back and you go running into his arms. I guess I was just the re-bound and you never really meant it when you called me Buttercup... :foul:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Skinny-J wrote:
Wingfixer wrote:Awesome! I'll split the room with ya!
Wow, I see how it is; your old boyfriend comes back and you go running into his arms. I guess I was just the re-bound and you never really meant it when you called me Buttercup... :foul:
You are still welcome to come hang out with us gay trials tire using riders...
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Junior wrote: So I have never ran an endure. what kinda of fuel capacity do we need?
Maybe 35 miles to lunch and gas and 30 miles after lunch, the total course is 65 miles. Your 450 won't burn but 1/2 a tank each time. Last year lunch was back at the start so there wasn't even a gas truck to worry about getting you can onto...
Junior wrote:is there a way to ride the event together?
We all sign up the morning of and ask to be on the same late row. We will then be riding together all day as even if we get seperated, we will regroup at each reset.
Junior wrote:how do you join the ecea? and can you take the test before you get there or do you have to take it there?
Firebolter posted the link to the test: http://www.ecea.org/info/eceatest.pdf
Here is a link to the rule book where you can find the answers to the test: http://ecea.org/info/2010-ecea-rule-book.pdf

Print out the test and in your spare time go ahead and complete it. That way all you have to do is hand it to them the morning of and they will give you your ECEA card; much less stress than doing it the morning of IMHO.

Junior wrote:what about class ands rows?
I prefer a late row but that's just me. If we all want to ride together it will almost have to be a late row so we all can get on the same one. Class is up to you. By default you will be in C until you accumillate points from winning and move up to B. The rest is the class you think you have the best chance at placing in...
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

has anyone noticed how our dual-sport and adventure forum has taken a right turn towards enduros? (that assumes gay trials tires are the "left" :harhar: )

To paraphrase one of our esteemed members ...
let's admit it, Dual Sport riding is a niche segment of motorcycling. However, by this same measure, enduro riding would come in as gnat buzzing around the head of your average Harley rider. Now, I mean no disrespect to people who are into enduros, it definitely requires a lot of skill and balance.

you need to remember that this forum started as a bunch of guys from ADV who were into dual sporting large displacement bikes at loosely organized gatherings and informal events (I bet there were 50 guys at the first couple of DAMN reunions). But then in a thirst for more “action” a segment of the group began riding organized dual-sport events and enduros and the bikes got smaller and smaller until at some point, there were no more of the original ADV guys around anymore. Now, in some aspects the same thing is happening again, or at least there is a competing interest from the trials faction. And that’s fine as people come and people go, and people’s interests change and in fact many members here are into all kinds of riding. But I don’t come to this Dual-Sport forum and post about my Concours or Tiger and the street riding I do, there are other forums for that. So, even though I understand, in some regards all this enduro talk seems odd to me and I just don’t want to see DAMN become EAMN…
:doh:

:killingme:

:peep:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Kyler wrote:has anyone noticed how our dual-sport and adventure forum has taken a right turn towards enduros?

To paraphrase one of our esteemed members ...
let's admit it, Dual Sport riding is a niche segment of motorcycling. However, by this same measure, enduro riding would come in as gnat buzzing around the head of your average Harley rider. Now, I mean no disrespect to people who are into enduros, it definitely requires a lot of skill and balance.

you need to remember that this forum started as a bunch of guys from ADV who were into dual sporting large displacement bikes at loosely organized gatherings and informal events (I bet there were 50 guys at the first couple of DAMN reunions). But then in a thirst for more “action” a segment of the group began riding organized dual-sport events and enduros and the bikes got smaller and smaller until at some point, there were no more of the original ADV guys around anymore. Now, in some aspects the same thing is happening again, or at least there is a competing interest from the trials faction. And that’s fine as people come and people go, and people’s interests change and in fact many members here are into all kinds of riding. But I don’t come to this Dual-Sport forum and post about my Concours or Tiger and the street riding I do, there are other forums for that. So, even though I understand, in some regards all this enduro talk seems odd to me and I just don’t want to see DAMN become EAMN…
:doh:

:killingme:

IF you're as OLD and Slow as me there really isn't any difference between a DS ride and an Enduro (except for some folks along the way that occasionally want to write stuff on a card taped to you bike)! :ride:

:peep:
Last edited by BigBird on Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike