I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Hatfield-McCoy trip, April 16-19

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Hatfield-McCoy trip, April 16-19

Post by gots_a_sol »

So what your saying is, you don't want dick pics being sent to your phone? :lol2:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

juddspaintballs wrote:Is there a semi-private way we could post up our phone numbers to connect with others should we have problems on the way, while we're there, etc. or to meet up to find food/gas/alcohol? My first thought is private message or email, but there might also be a way to make a private section of the forum for contact information only available to logged in members.
Jed, I'll PM you my number. If everyone else that's going also does this you can send the list back to us after you have everybody. :deal:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Works for me.

As for sending dick pics, I'm sure I can send something worse back to you if you do.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

A couple of bolt ons prior to the trip...

I was without a kickstand so I bought one:

And I had the Power Core 2, but it didn't have a spark arrestor. Now I have the Turbine Core 2 with an arrestor:
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Less than a week away!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Contact list is out. If you didn't get it, and want it, PM me your first name and phone number and I'll add you to the list and send it to you.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

OFG Update - I singed up in Dec but I've been wondering IF I was going to make this trip or not for the last several weeks because of family stuff - mainly the QOFE getting surgery on her wrist and company coming, etc.

It now looks like I'll be going but without the QOFE or Bandit :<(

My plan is to get out of here early Thursday AM to arrive in time for a ride Thursday PM and return Sunday.
I'll be in my Mini-van pulling the big trailer with the RZR plus the Freeride and my 200 XCW with the idea of going with the ATV crew for some part of the time and with the MC crew the rest.

I don't have anyone signed up to ride with me (have room for a passenger and another MC) and I have a reservation for a room with 2 beds.

SO IF - at this LATE date - anyone wants to ride there with me in the van OR is looking for a place to stay there I have a space available.

I'm not looking for help with gas $ or anything - just would be good to have someone to chat with or to keep me awake - LOL!
and the extra bed is available for whatever the cheapest bunk room rate is. Send me a PM or call if interested.
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Went riding Sunday, first time since July when I broke my collar bone...... Boy am I out of shape & out of practice. That was some much needed seat time and...... I decided I needed all the help I can get so I bought one of these today.....

Nothing like waiting till the last minuite, now let me get back out there & finish putting it on :lol2:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

If you don't get to it, bring it along and change the tire at the hotel. I'm sure I won't be the only one with tire spoons there.

I'm looking forward to this trip. Work has been brutal lately. I'm off tomorrow and I plan on sleeping in and not doing a whole lot except packing for an early departure Thursday.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone carry some sort of pump or compressor while riding the trails? I'll have tools and a patch kit in my back pack, but I don't have a small portable pump yet.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Pa_trailrider
DAMN Expert

Post by Pa_trailrider »

juddspaintballs wrote:If you don't get to it, bring it along and change the tire at the hotel. I'm sure I won't be the only one with tire spoons there.

I'm looking forward to this trip. Work has been brutal lately. I'm off tomorrow and I plan on sleeping in and not doing a whole lot except packing for an early departure Thursday.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone carry some sort of pump or compressor while riding the trails? I'll have tools and a patch kit in my back pack, but I don't have a small portable pump yet.

I carry a co2 one and enough co2 for two tires. I got one of these that uses the 12 gram cartridges takes two for a rear tire but there cheap 12.00 for 25 cartridges. http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/a ... 62404.html
DR 650 DRZ 400 XCW 300