I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Hatfield-McCoy trip, April 16-19

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Hatfield-McCoy trip, April 16-19

Post by J&J »

Pa_trailrider wrote:
juddspaintballs wrote:If you don't get to it, bring it along and change the tire at the hotel. I'm sure I won't be the only one with tire spoons there.

I carry a co2 one and enough co2 for two tires. I got one of these that uses the 12 gram cartridges takes two for a rear tire but there cheap 12.00 for 25 cartridges. http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/a ... 62404.html
Got the tire on, well sort of. Found bad bearings so I robed Jacobs wheel & put the new tire oh that one :angel:

That co2 inflater is sweet. I have a small compressor I bring to rides along with spare, tubes, parts, & tools but I leave them at the truck or trailer. I haven't yet set up a tool kit for on the bike but need to.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

The last few rides, I've been hauling around the kit I keep on my KLR. With my RMATV $50 gift certificate, I started buying tools to carry with me on the KTM now.

Can we buy the trail passes at the hotel?
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Longboardr
DAMN Expert

Post by Longboardr »

juddspaintballs wrote:Just out of curiosity, does anyone carry some sort of pump or compressor while riding the trails? I'll have tools and a patch kit in my back pack, but I don't have a small portable pump yet.

I've been carrying one of these for years, bought at my local bicycle shop. Fits well in my Camelbak and gives about 1 psi per 10 pumps.

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/ftb/pu ... -road-pump
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

juddspaintballs wrote:

Can we buy the trail passes at the hotel?

I would bet that we can (but Im not 100%). You can buy them at most little stores anywhere in the area. I bought mine at a gas station on the way in last time.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Bikes are loaded and ready to go. Chris should be here any minute. Planning to depart around 0500. See ya'll for lunch!
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

J and I are enrt down. See you guys down there. Looks like Jed and Chris might be the early guys. Hopefully they will have things all scoped out for us.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

You guys have fun, hope you have some nice weather.
Have a slab of ribs at Wingos for me :eats:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

My phone is very slow here (but does actually work!). Pics will have to wait till I get home.

We got rained on pretty good for our Thursday afternoon ride. Trails were pretty sloppy but still fun.
For Friday weather was great. Some clouds, some sun but no rain. All sorts of adventures were had. A quad broke down requiring a 15 mile tow, (were able to fix eventually). Parts of trails were collapsed and trees down making life interesting. Bikes were run out of gas. Saw much wildlife, (deer, snakes, grouse, and turkey).
We layed waste to both quad trails and single track alike.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Waiting on the stories and pictures :dirtdog:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Bucho did a FABULOUS job of organizing the trip and leading the OFG around about 150 miles of trails on Friday/Saturday in nice weather.

I tried leading for a while Friday (on a trail that was on my GPS but NOT on the official maps) and we ended up in an ALMOST inescapable "hole" - crossing trees and searching for an escape route for close to an hour. SORRY GUYS! SO my leadership privileges were REVOKED!!! :shrug:

I got there too late to make the MC ride Thursday so Gary and I went for a nice hour or two RZR ride complete with some BIG log crossings, DEEP mud holes, and BLACK trail climbs. On Fri/Sat we did about 150 miles total and hit most of the grarliest trails and had a BALL!. Phil did have to give us a few pushes but most of that was on Fri. THANKS PHIL!

By Sat our group had shrunk to Phil, Jay and OFG and I'd switched from the 200 to the Freeride and we tackled quite a bit of grarly and it was FUN!!!

The drive was LOOOONG but the weather, food. RIDING and COMPANY were EXCELLENT!
I was just sorry the QOFE had to bail at the last minute due to some wrist repair surgery.

We did miss those that were along on prior trips but not this one.
We noted some of the INCIDENT locations from prior years - such as Phoo's 40 foot bike tumble and the famous front fender repair, etc.
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike