I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Hatfield-McCoy trip, April 16-19

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: Hatfield-McCoy trip, April 16-19

Post by Wingfixer »

It looks like you guys had a DAMN good time! I wish I coulda made it but your pictures are providing some inspiration for the BYOB trip in June!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

bonehead wrote:That looks awesome guys, sorry I couldn't make it. That mud is actually some sort of West Virginia JBWeld product.
Funny you should mention that, after cleaning my bike I found a spot that needed some put back :lol2:
Ordered a new clutch cover today :thumbup:
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Bucho, Thanks for the great ride report & awesome pictures. I need to pick up a small fanny pack for an easily accessible place for my camera. I never seem to be able to go to the trouble but sure great to look at lator :thumbup:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I had a great time. I'm slow and unsure of myself riding, but I learned a lot and I think I got a little better.

On Friday, I opted not to do all of the single track with Phil, J, Chris, and Sam. I typically met them at the next intersection. When they got lost on the trail that Sam led them on, we never got reunited and I headed back to the hotel on my own after a while. I got turned around on the trails a couple of times due to the "No Entry" signs posted on valid trails. Eventually I found my way...and then ran out of gas. I pushed for a while. A group of guys on 2 stroke bikes came by and gave me about 2 beer cans worth of gas and sent me on my way. I made it a few more miles down the trails until finally running out of gas again. I pushed for a while again. A group of 4 wheelers came by and offered to go fetch my gas can from my car since they were only about 20 minutes deep into the trail. I thanked them and kept pushing towards the exit. Eventually, Darwin and his grandsons came up behind me and Darwin gave me enough gas to get all of the way back to camp, where I met the 4 wheelers and tried to buy them all beers. I topped Darwin's bike off and thanked him greatly. All in all, I pushed about 4 miles. I also took a spill earlier that buggered up my throttle cable and I wore out my rear brake pads. I opted to sit Saturday out from riding to rest and not try riding a marginal bike.

I have a little bit of video I can sort through and upload later from riding on Thursday in the rain.

When are we going back?
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

juddspaintballs wrote:I had a great time.

When are we going back?
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1010309 :deal:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

I know I can't make that event in June.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Here we are crossing that log. J makes it look so easy.

Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Thanks for posting the video! Always fun to watch later.
You reminded me. J wins the log hopping award for the trip. There were quite a few. One time I believe J did wreck but he was able to clear both wheels over the log before falling down.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

I wrecked? I don't recall. :lol2: I fell down a lot but a wreck is when your thinking "Oh shit! this is going to hurt!"..... & it does.
Jacob & I practice logs at home, easy to setup & dosen't take much room :thumbup:
Space Ghost
DAMN Expert

Post by Space Ghost »

Looks like a great time....Good pics. Hope to some of you guys this w/e @ Barton.
04 ktm250exc 05ktm525exc 2010Husaberg 570FE