I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Sunday 12/28 Taskers ride

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Sunday 12/28 Taskers ride

Post by gots_a_sol »

thetable wrote:
gots_a_sol wrote:Out. Slept wrong and now my neck is killing me.
Take a couple ibuprofen and ride on.

I'm loading up now.

Kind of wish I had, nice as hell out considering the time of year. Hopefully it sticks around for next weekend and the Hangover HS.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
drtjumper
DAMN Expert

Post by drtjumper »

DAMN good ride today. Definitely found out the yz is sprung waaaay too stiff. Sorry I had to bail but my knees and wrists were done trying to keep that bike under me today. Weather was amazing.
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

It doesn't get much better for riding, in December, than today. Thanks all for having me out.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

The weather was great today. I wish I had been out there with you guys too. Tomorrow I'm going to change some fluids and start getting familiar with the KTM and see about coming out for the next ride.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

gots_a_sol wrote:Out. Slept wrong and now my neck is killing me.
Heh, better watch out or you'll end up with a neck like mine (arthritis, bone spurs, fused vertebra). Just popping some ibuprofen can be a bad idea. At least doing some mobility exercises does some good but I wish I'd done them when I was 28-29...
thetable
DAMN Expert

Sunday 12/28 Taskers ride

Post by thetable »

I'd forgotten my favorite part of Tasker's...
20 minutes with the pressure washer, and the bike is clean (enough.)

Now time to throw boots, gloves and a helmet on and show my neighbors that I love them. BRAPPPP!
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Really enjoyed the ride folks. THANKS for tanking good care of the OFG again :thumbup:

Near the end of the day Skinny J VOLUNTEERED (after some begging on my part - :lol2: ) to chaperone me through trail #495.

Last time I did it with Bucho as my chaperone (11/6) it took me 34 minutes and I fell MULTIPLE times and needed lots of Bucho muscles help!

This time I went 4X as fast (only took 8 minutes to cover the 0.3 miles :lol2: ) with only one fall
(caught my brake line on a stick while crossing a log that was actually not even ON the trail :shrug: - DUH!).

It actually wasn't that bad as we did it West to East which is slightly down hill (100' altitude loss) and there weren't near as many leaves and it wasn't raining AND I was on my CHEATER Freeride!

I'm sure Jay will be HAPPY to show you how to do it AND he needs to make a pass from East to West so he too can be "495 Certified" :loveit:
Last edited by BigBird on Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

ottoparts wrote:New clutch has been installed in the DRZ.
I should be good for Sunday which looks to be for Taskers?
I've never been there before.
ottoparts was the STAR of the day.

There was a rather HIGH log not all the way on the ground with sort of a rock ramp on the approach side and NOTHING on the far side.

The OFG and several others took the go around and when we looked back we saw the big DRZ with its rear wheel on the log and its front wheel pointed skyward at about 60 degrees :pyndn: as ottoparts ACED IT!!!!
:bow:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

What a great day to be on two wheels!

It was nice to meet drtjumper and to watch a good rider try and tame a YZ 250 2T beast.

And I am still amazed at how Otto launched his DRZ over that log and then stuck the landing.

Sam was hell bent on riding 495 and for the record, theTable suffered through the rock-fest with us as well. Wingfixer said he would give it a go NEXT TIME.... :dirtdog:

Thanks to everyone for closing out 2014 with a great ride. :rayof:

SJ
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

It was a perfect day for riding! Next time we'll do 495 first! I need to be fresh for that stretch of torture. I might have to start shopping for a rekluse....thanks skinny-j :dirtdog: .
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.