I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Friday January 2 - Shade Mountain Ride

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
drtjumper
DAMN Expert

Re: Friday January 2 - Shade Mountain Ride

Post by drtjumper »

DAMN can't get a babysitter for my 6 month old daughter. Hopefully next time.
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

I'm doing my typical last minute bike prep and bolting crap on. Won't know if I'm in until the morning, but the rad fan must happen.
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Is there an address or gps coordinates for the parking area? *edit* google sorted it out

Looks I'll be using the hitch carrier for tomorrow. Green Excursion with a Husky on the back.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

A pleasure (briefly) riding with you gents this morning. Shade Mountain doesn't seem nearly as bad as people talked it up to be. I do want to go back sometime, despite the 2.5 hour drive. I'd like to at least finish the trails once.

The KTM wasn't bad at all. The flywheel weight really helped lug me along, especially when pulling the clutch in wasn't much of an option. Overall, it was far easier to ride that than the baby KLR off-road. Kicking it over after stalling or crashing was also much easier. A Rekluse is definitely in my future. I may get the steering stabilizer rebuilt too since I noticed a little fluid leaking from it today.

My pinky is swollen and stiff right now. Everytime I had to pull the clutch in, it popped back out of joint. I was able to take some ibuprofen I had in the truck before I headed off towards home to help dull the pain. I have some Crown Royal Regal Apple to try out tonight to really help with the pain. It also appears that my hip armor did a bit of good today. My hip is a little sore, but not bruised or banged up like my leg is just below the hip armor is. I didn't even realize I landed on that leg until I got home and changed. All in all, I fared pretty well and should be healed up pretty quickly. Here's to hoping for a mild winter so I can get back out and ride some more before spring. :roost:
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Glad the mountain didn't scare you off and remember what does not kill you makes you stronger.
I will be up on sunday to cut a couple of the trees across the "easy" trail and get in a loop or so.
Rekluse and trials tire makes that place so much easier....well actually fun.
I was thinking about you guys today as I set in my office looking out at a perfect day.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

FYI, anyone (like me) that had to work and could not make the ride today and would like to get in a ride before snow takes over. I plan to be there sunday by 10am for a little chainsaw work then a ride. Forecast shows 40-50 temps....almost epic :thumbup:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Well, if my pinky is still too swollen to fit into my firefighting glove... :brows:

...Nah. I'll suck it up and go to work.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Good riding today, thanks for setting this up :thumbup:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

That was a good first ride of the year ride! Weather was about as perfect as you could ask! Shade wasn't nearly as challenging as I was lead to believe, I would love to go back there again! Judds, sorry about your shortened day but if your up for it Jay and I might (weather permitting) be putting something together for next weekend. One of us will post something up here. Happy New Year!!!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

I do want to go back again and finish it all. It wasn't as hard as I was lead to believe either. Next weekend is no good for me, though. My wife would kill me.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R